For Sale: Supercharged 2003 Silverado Ss

Black2003SS

Up for sale is my 2003 Silverado SS. I love this truck and I am not in a huge hurry to sell it. I have had it for sale through word of mouth for a little while. I had an offer on it but the buyer could not get financing due to personal financial issues.

I have done my best to keep the truck in the best shape possible, but please realize that it is over 7yrs old with over 100k miles and it was a daily driver. This is not a complete show truck. I make full disclosure and have nothing to hide with this truck.

With that said, I built this truck to be a solid formidable performer. I believe I am the second owner as I bought it from a dealership in 2006 that it was traded into. It had 15k miles on it in 4/2006. Right off the bat, that summer it was lightly side swiped at about 5-10mph as someone pulled out of their lane into mine not knowing I was there. The damage was on the drivers side door and the damage was light. It was repaired under insurance and warrantied for life. I have had zero issues with the paint there. There is no rust on the body. The truck was also rear ended by a texting girl who was not paying attention at a stop light. Thankfully I had a bike rack with a $2k mountain bike on it that took the brunt of the hit. Receiver and bumper was ok. Other than that, it has a couple of minor dings, etc from daily driving. However, the truck looks really good for its age.

Onto the good stuff. When I bought this truck, I wanted to acheive a goal of low 13's with daily drivability. I followed the Lingenfelter package for their 6.0L trucks and after researching performance sites, I knew the Magnuson Radix was the kit to go with for my needs.

Below is a list of parts:

- Radix Silver 112 intercooled kit (over $5k. Installed at 44k miles)

- 3.25" pulley ~5.5-6psi boost

- Pace Setter Long Tube Headers with custom mid pipes (catless) ($300. Installed at 20k miles)

- Corsa Sport Exhaust ($800. Installed at 17k miles)

- Outlaw CAI ($200. Installed at 15k miles)

- Flex-A-Lite Electric fans ($450. Installed at 40kmiles. Fan motors replaced about 15kmiles ago)

- Yank SC2600 billet converter ($900. Freshened about 2k miles ago by Yank)

- Built 4L65E - red clutch packs, kevlar bands, billet servos, re-worked valve body, Trans Go shift kit, Beast Sunshell. I can provide more on the trans if desired. (over $2k. Freshened about 2k miles ago)

- Bilstein shocks ($240. Installed about 10k miles ago)

- Patriot fiberglass bed cover (bought with truck. Lock does not function, needs to be replaced, never bothered me)

- Carpeted bed rug (bought with truck)

- Autometer Boost, Fuel Pressure, and AFR gauges in 3 pillar pod (installed with radix. AFR is asthetic only, not hooked up, never installed wide band, not needed for this level of performance in my opinion)

- Zippy tune (now at Leading Edge Performance. Tune installed and monitored by myself with HPTuners which will NOT be included in the sale)

The brakes were replaced about 10k miles ago with Napa rotors and pads. I saw no need to go to slotted rotors. Brakes are good. Bilsteins installed at same time. The trans was replaced at 66k miles by a company locally. They put a 2yr 24k mile warranty on it. It lasted about 37k miles before starting to slip. Took it back to them and they pulled and replaced all frictions and inspected the trans for $800 (pretty much FLT does if out of warranty). They stood behind their product. They gave me another 6 month warranty with unlimited miles. I also shipped the converter back to Yank for a cut and clean. So everything is like new and done properly. The front differential was rebuilt at 60k miles and a new transfer case was put in at 66k with the trans build. Everything is up to date or in good shape.

I drive the truck to work every day. It is a blast to drive. It is a bit on the loud side for those who happen to be by the passenger side exhaust exit. It makes people jump when started, but it is a pleasure to drive for hours on the freeway with very little drone. Get on it, and it is as mean as it gets sounds wise and will hold its own with most stock performance vehicles. It cuts a nasty 1.8 60ft which is enough to win most 0-60 contests on the street from light to light. Its surprised more than its fair share of vehicles.

13.19@101mph 1.8 60ft

It has been to the track 4 times in its life, maybe 15 passes, if that. Once while sueprcharged. It is a cam, injectors, and a 2.9" pulley away from low 12's. I never felt comfortable going to the 2.9" as I was never convinced the radix kit injectors would be sufficient. Maybe I could have gotten a 12.9 out of it with a 3.0", but I was satisfied where it was and things didnt break too often like other trucks I have seen. The common things that always seem to break on these trucks, did break, and I addressed them accordingly.

104k miles approximately. Clean truck.

$15,700 Firm

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

I need a 4 door car/suv for my new position at work which requires long distance travel with mileage reimbursement. I start May 3rd and need this gone before then.

Once this truck is sold, I will be in the market for a toy like a LS1 SS or WS6, possibly a GTO also.

I need a 4 door car/suv for my new position at work which requires long distance travel with mileage reimbursement. I start May 3rd and need this gone before then.

Once this truck is sold, I will be in the market for a toy like a LS1 SS or WS6, possibly a GTO also.

here you go... lets make a deal??

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62430

Found a car I want. Need this thing to move. Have a decent trade in offer in place, dont let me trade this in and some dealer charge far more than I'm asking. My price cant be too high compared to what I have seen sell.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Heat works, Air works, radio works. Everything wrong was disclosed in original post.

LAST CALL

WILL BE TRADING IN ON MONDAY FOR $14k AT DEALER. I WILL TAKE $14,500 THIS WEEKEND ONLY, OTHERWISE, YOU CAN SEE IT ON A DEALER LOT FOR $16-17K NEXT WEEK!!!!

so did you sell it or give it to the dealer...what an amazing deal! I wish I was buying an sss now the deals are crazy!

I saw a livernois head/cam G8 runs well into the 12's...you will be faster with the G8...plus you have aussie support :)

Doug you still come hang with us SSS guys when we get together (even if you are in a faster car :()