Volant Air Scoop

rocker21

it needs to be forced on a bit. :uhoh: could have been a better fit better.. :mad: what i did was keep the clamp louse that attaches to the bottom of the box. after i got the duct on, push up on the tube to seat it. i took 2 large zip ties and attached the tube to the support bracket to clear the tire, then tightened the top clamps..3 yrs and still holding up..

good luck

:seeya:

im having trouble fitting the scoop of my duct and cant seem to get it to fit right without forcing it and the tire rubbing when i turn anyone else have this problem or solutions thanks

I have the same problem when I make a sharp left turn going forward or a sharp right turn in reverse. The problem can be greatly reduced by using a few large zip ties to keep the inner fender from the front right tire.

• 2 weeks later...

Every truck varies a little but I got mine to fit way better by doing a few things. On the right side of the scoop the little relief wasn't the same size as the support bar/bumper brace flange so I cut the excess off with a cut-off wheel. Then I heated the side of the scoop with a heat gun where the relief is and when it was nice and soft pushed it in a little for more clearance. Then I installed the whole assembly and did like detjoe and zip tied the whole assembly to the support bar/bumper brace. The last thing I did was heat up the driver side of the scoop and once it was soft pushed the scoop on as far as I could and held it until the plastic cooled.

• 3 weeks later...