SS Weight???

superman

I got mine down to 5040!!!! when I moved from Maine for Florida. I really wish I could have taken it to the track at that weight. I had a half tank of gas and my tonneua cover on it at the track. I might have even spanked Bill's Denali weighing in that light.

I made a dump run and my weight on the way out was just under 5700 with me in it. 225lbs. and a half tank of gas. I also had all my stereo stuff and other junk in it... speaker box, two tens, three amps, dvd player, rope, cd's, s/c, ect.

• 2 weeks later...
What is the weight of the SS? i want to do a G tec run and need to no the weight to put in. thanks alot :chevy:

You don't need the weight, really. It's used to give a hp rating, which to me is nowhere close to being accurate, even on a pro/comp model. I did a 13.06 run with 5250lbs entered and it said I had 325hp.

I took my SS to the scales and with me in it it weighs 5560lbs If I weigh 185 lbs that make it 5375lbs (half tank of gas). My gtech with 5560 in it read 337 hp. Ben if your weight is off it will affect the reading but I'm sure your already aware of that. Everyones truck will be alittle different just from fluid levels being different. Just pull into a gravel pit or weigh station and ask if you can weigh you vehicle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived