Thinking Of Getting A New Project To Work On

SSThunder

I like all vettes and have found one on the web i might get. Let me know what you guys think: 1980 Vette restore

It looks like it will need lots of work but might be a fun project to work on. The price keeps dropping on it so I might call about it this weekend and see what she looks like in person. I figure I can probably offe the guy some cash and pick it up pretty cheap. I'm going to do some research tonight and see what I can find out about these 1980 vettes. :chevy:

Jeremy, there was a nice 1978 Anniversary vette in the papers up here and it didnt need to be restored. It was the silver with a 4spd. I think it was only $7800. To be honest, if you are looking for that generation vette, I would highly recommend finding the silver anniversary edition. Plus, get one that doesnt need much except trans and engine work. Paint and interior gets too time consuming and expensive in my opinion.

However, you could end up with an end result like this one...I am a fan of this generation corvette.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978-Silver...=item439e714bfb

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

def look over the car closely. i dont know about the 80s, but earlier vettes were famous for what they call the "birdcage" rotting out. thats a serous repair.

also depending on what that car needs- looks to at least new a new interior and im going to guess paint, you are going to have more money into it than its worth plus the 80 vette isnt one of the popular vettes either

def look over the car closely. i dont know about the 80s, but earlier vettes were famous for what they call the "birdcage" rotting out. thats a serous repair.

also depending on what that car needs- looks to at least new a new interior and im going to guess paint, you are going to have more money into it than its worth plus the 80 vette isnt one of the popular vettes either

:withstupid:

I would like one with a warmed over Lsx (what ever budget affords, so a 5.3?) flared/lowerd road race theam. side pipes, flat paint job, newer vette wheels(wide)

I agree about the fiberglass body, so check it out. GO MEAN!

I'll have to check out the 78's. The guy has it priced at $4k now so I'm betting I could get it for less. I guess I'm looking for a project to build while I save up for the Z06. I don't have the SS to work on anymore, plus I was pretty much done with it. I'll make sure to check it out if I take a look at it. I'm going to call today and see what's wrong with it since it's a fixer upper. I'm not really looking to build one to make money, just like the older body styles and it would be fun to restore one depending on how bad of shape it is in. Got a link to that 1978 vette?