Ahhh Radio And Speed Limiter

smallblock500

ok so my raido is getting realy annoying its just the stock unit with the built in 6 disk changer but it works when it wants to. this started about 2 weeks ago and when it goes out everything goes i get no door open chime no low fuel chime nothing. some times it will come on while im driving and some times it wont. the raido looks like it works ok the face lights up and i can change stations and functions but i get no sound even from cds or XM? could their just be a wire loose or do i need a new raido?

something else i read about car and driver (i think it was them) said that the speed limiter in the SSS was set quite a bit higher than the standard silverados 96 mph limiter? i was on the high way last night and could not get the truck over about 108-109 ish? did i just get unlucky and get one of GM's f-ups or is that what they are all set at? i opened a stock 03 SSS .bin file in the demo version of evi life and that limiter was set at 170 mph wtf what gives why am i limited to 108 in a SS?

sry for the long post that might be in the wrong place but i just had a little rant.

Edited by blue-03-SS (see edit history)

Taht's about the right limiter amount from the factory. You have to have it raised with your custom tune.

As far as the radio, it may be the bose amp is on it's way out. If just the amp is losing power I could see that. I don't where the chimes come from.(radio or amp) If you don't get an answer here, try the radio section.

ok so my raido is getting realy annoying its just the stock unit with the built in 6 disk changer but it works when it wants to. this started about 2 weeks ago and when it goes out everything goes i get no door open chime no low fuel chime nothing. some times it will come on while im driving and some times it wont. the raido looks like it works ok the face lights up and i can change stations and functions but i get no sound even from cds or XM? could their just be a wire loose or do i need a new raido?

something else i read about car and driver (i think it was them) said that the speed limiter in the SSS was set quite a bit higher than the standard silverados 96 mph limiter? i was on the high way last night and could not get the truck over about 108-109 ish? did i just get unlucky and get one of GM's f-ups or is that what they are all set at? i opened a stock 03 SSS .bin file in the demo version of evi life and that limiter was set at 170 mph wtf what gives why am i limited to 108 in a SS?

sry for the long post that might be in the wrong place but i just had a little rant.

Where did you get the stock file from? If it was from crazyholden, then it could have been a modyfied one. The stock speed limiter on AWD trucks is ~109mph

Mine was limited to 108+- mph too, and I believe the reason was because the stock factory tires were only speed rated to 112 mph. Put some higher speed rated tires on it and have your tune adjusted accordingly.

Im ok with the 109 limiter for now I was just wondering if I got jipped because the article I read said it was a good bit faster than the non ss 96 mph limit. I might be coming on to a little money here on the next few days if I get a desent chunk I will have a efi live set up and a turbo kit heading my way and a lot more questions heading your way lol. I just cant let my girls bonneville walk me down like she did last time we raced and the bonnie is down right now for a full motor rebuild and already has her trans worked to hold 600whp. :evil:

ive been 140 in my girls bonneville had about 120 ish in my buddys suziki swift gt whatch is basicley a GEO metro with a body kit and DOHC version of the geo 4 cly. talk about scary 120 mph in a glorifyed beer can on wheels if scary as $h!t!! its got a 95 mph speedo and the needle was almost back to the 0 with 95 mph being about the 4 o-clock and 0 at about "7:30".