Right Lock Cylinder going away

Hamur

2004 trucks will be missing the right door lock cylinder when you have keyless remotes(which all 2004 SS will have (RPO is AU0). GM said they found no used the key in the passenger door to open it. :seeya:

Thats intersting. Sounds like another GM cost cutting idea to me! As I menioned in a previous post. What does RPO stand for and where can I find a list of codes?

Justin :chevy:

Regular Production Option

:thumbs:

Corvettes have not had a passanger key hole for a few years. With keyless entry, there really isn't any point! :)

GM did a mini survey and couldn't find anyone to admit they had used there key in the passenger door when they had keyless remote.

They did that with the 2003 Monte Carlos as well. Funny thing though when I stored my 2000 MC SS I parked the drivers side so close to the wall (limited space) that when I popped the hood to disconnect the battery I locked the doors as I came out through the passenger side. Once the battery was disconnected the only way in the car was to use the passenger key to unlock the door OR connect the battery back up. But if the hood was slammed shut then that would be impossible because I would have to get back into the car to open the hood.

I'm glad I was able to get back in using the passenger key. This is probably one of the few instances when you really need that passenger side keyhole..

Archived