Gone Off My Rocker

Black2003SS

I've had the Silverado SS up for sale and I will need a more economical daily driver...I had been looking at SUV's, but I just dont think they will do. My fiance has a trailblazer to tow our boat and I will need something more economical...so...

I was looking around for something I could tolerate driving every day. And I found the Caliber SRT4's.

Back from test drive. One word = Phenomenal for the price and category.

Test drove a 2008 Orange Metallic one. 9k miles on the clock and they want $17900 for it. I am completely surprised as to how well I fit in the front seats. These are the most comfortable seats I have sat in for a compact car. I even fit in the back seat. If I want it, they will install '09 leather seats, heated seats, and sunroof for me for additional cost.

I agree, the trans isnt the smoothest 6spd in the world, but its liveable. The ride was great. I hate to say it, I like it better than my LT1 camaro I had. Its just as quick, rides better, more comfortable, more functional, etc. I even like it more than the Grand Prixs.

We are working on a deal on it. I actually like the orange better than the black. I'm tired of taking care of black cars. At least with this car and its price point, I could still get a LSx car for flat out performance.

Let the flame wars and bashing begin. I've fell off my rocker...

I think you are 7 days to late for April 1st. : )

I've never been in one, so I don't have any idea how they are. All I know is that they are ugly as heck. A uncle of mine has one and doesn't like it at all, said he wishes he kept his other car.

I have never driven one of the Caliber SRTs but I have drive an SRT4 Neon and owned an SRT8 Charger. SRT builds great products that are really a lot of fun to drive, I bet you will be happy with it. I dont imagine the MPGs will be too good though, my SRT8 only got like 12

The SRT4 gets 22 city and 26-28 highway. It does take premium. I owe on my truck. I would keep it, but at this point, it makes sense to let it go and get something with better fuel economy. I will not drive the SS for work and I dont want to purchase a beater to drive daily and keep the SS. I want something I am comfortable in.