Rear Brakes Clicking?

Nscott

Alrighty, My SS has been doing this for awhile and its finally starting to drive me crazy! I'm getting a clicking noise from the rear end of the truck. It happens in reverse, neutral, and drive. Low speeds is where it is more prominent. Only when brakes are applied, does not make a noise under heavy braking. It is loud "clicking" noise. Most of the time it corresponds with the revolution of the wheels. In bumper to bumper traffic it heard cleary under very light braking and does correspond with the wheel revolution.

I have already pulled the passenger side rotor and caliper, no cracks in the rotor, it is slightly warped (feel it pulsating when braking). Pads look good (autozone crappy gold pads). E-brake was tight, rotor put up a fight. I adjusted the e-brake on that side to completely wound in. seemed to went away, Might have just been in my head :confused: The clicking is definitely coming from the rear of the truck. I'm going to pull the driver side rear over the weekend.

Any one ever experience this before? Any hints on what to look for? let me know if i need to give a better description of it.

thanks in advance,

Neil :cheers:

Edited by 03Blackout (see edit history)

Warped rotors would be my first choice...

yeah, i know they may add to it. I'm going to replace rotors and pads as soon as i get some $$$ put aside.

I've also been reading amongst my google searches that i may be the little metal clips that sit on the side of each pad, or possibly the calipers piston?

breaks are a pain in the arse, i replaced my fronts cuz they were warped, still have a little of that pulsating so i gotta do the backs, but right now my rear passenger is creaking even at a stop when you apply the brakes, so this weekend im gonna grease the slides and piston....should do the trick