Hids

hey guys, so i've been having this intermittent problem with my hids. one day one side will work. and the next day the other side will work and so forth. today and yesterday the passenger side havent worked. so im looking at buying a new kit. but my headlight switch is the one that stays in auto full time. is there a way to overide just the auto feature? so that at night when i start my truck my hids dont flicker from the time i turn the truck ON than start? what are good hid kits with relays? and would relays help?

go to http://www.xtremehids.com and you'll find a site that offers 35w and 55w go with the 55w because they are brighter and if you have qustions call the guy he is real cool keep in mind i got a kit of 55w 6,000k and it was $110 total shipped to Alaska so for the price of 55w you cant beat it

As far as the auto i hear that you can do it this way but i desided not to and mine only turn on when my senser on the dash is not picking up light (like the stock lights) but if you feel the need check you tube.

when i installed mine the company dections said that the install and prep is were most people mess there hid's up make sure your wires are all conected and that where ever you mount the ballast there is no tension on the wires and you should be fine. Also when putting the bulbs in make sure you dont leave them on too long in the cases they come in they will melt and then you have no bulb's also disconect your battery before you start ( I learned the hard way ) my hand went numb for about 30mins.... other then that i will add a pic of mine when it gets dark here to show you what they look like. let me know if this helped you or not. Oh and dont mind the bumper in the upcomming pic its going to be fixed in a week or two.

Mine dont flicker when i turn my truck on but they do take about 15 secs to get brighter... doesnt bother me

DSCN0026.jpg

Mad Mike

Edited by Mad Mike (see edit history)

when i took my hids out yesterday i noticed that in the middle of the bulb where the bulb convexes in the middle. almost like a bubble. there was what looked like white stuff inside the little bubble. is that normal? one thing i didnt check i just assumed was that it was the ballast but if that white stuff isnt normal ill check the ballast for power to the bulb and ill just order new bulbs if thats the case but ddmtuning is very inexpensive which almost seems too cheap.

will do. pics will be up soon. also does anyone know how to disable the auto on feature. one more thing i had my first deck installed at an audio shop and i dont have factory chimes anymore. how do i get these back? no ding when headlights on, key in on position, door open.

Replace the bulbs and as far as your deck goes sounds like they didn't use the proper wire harness. The door chimes are connected to your Bose amp and if they use the cheap harness then you will lose the chimes also you will loose your stero controls on the wheel