Has Anyone Heard Of Superchargerrebuild.com

For my fellow SS brothers and sisters. Has anyone heard of www.superchargerrebuild.com? My buddy, who has a badass procharged Trans Am, gave me this POC and their pricing is much better than Vortech is probably going to charge for a complete overhaul. Rumor of the boards is that Vortech will quote a price way out of range and offer to keep the item when you wont pay. These guys out of Waxahachie, TX have a laundry list of prices.

Just wondering if anyone has had work done there recently.

www.superchargerrebuild.com if anyone is interested. And no I am not working for them.

Thanks.

vortech did that to me . i sent a t trim i won off ebay that worked ok but sounded like it neede bearings. it got there they told me they couldnt rebuild it because it used the old style internals which they dont use anymore . si i got a whooping 500 credit on an msrp t trim . **** them is the bottom line.

• 2 weeks later...

www.superchargerrebuild.com if anyone is interested. And no I am not working for them.

Took about one week to get it back. Took them only 2 days to fix. I would have gotten it back in 5 days if it wasn't for FEDEX deciding on all days to attempt delivery at 3 pm, when they usually deliver in our area at 7pm. Installed ABEC-7 bearings, seals and impeller for a little less than $1000. Rumors had it that Vortech might not have fixed it and try to give you credit towards new. I highly recommend these guys!

Send your supercharger to:

L. Maness

attn: Supercharger Rebuild

1755 Wilson Rd.

Waxahachie, TX, 75165

_________

Include return address, phone #, email, and description of problem or repair desired.

Or contact us at:

[email protected]

Thanks.

Edited by RembaSS 1SG (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For my fellow SS brothers and sisters. Has anyone heard of www.superchargerrebuild.com? My buddy, who has a badass procharged Trans Am, gave me this POC and their pricing is much better than Vortech is probably going to charge for a complete overhaul. Rumor of the boards is that Vortech will quote a price way out of range and offer to keep the item when you wont pay. These guys out of Waxahachie, TX have a laundry list of prices.

Just wondering if anyone has had work done there recently.

Thanks.

Warning! If your thinking about sending your sc to superchargerrebuild think twice!!!

This is a factual testimonial from the work performed @ www.superchargerrebuild.com owner Todd manes) supercharger rebuild gone bad

CHECK OUT YOUTUBE VID

First off my BMW 540I was my baby, with the brembo big brake kit to bilstien sport suspension to & UUC clutch with JB racing flywheel. High boost tuning, a lot of time effort & cash went in to my BMW. Ironically my water to air cooler came a day to late...(the cooler would of stopped the impeller debris from entering and destroying my M62 engine!

I had a problem with supercharger rebuilds service from the get go, when I finley got my powerdyne back from Todd the box that contained my SC unit looked like it got hit by a train. I then ordered a smaller pulley from him and they could not even get that right < sent me the same size pulley that had. He sent a 2.93 I ordered a 2.70 and his pulley had damage on the ribs , so if it was used it would tare up a good gates belt6 in no time, after refund ( in his words, “ you can barley see the damage to the ribs.” (are you kidding me Todd? if the belt ribs have any damage it will fff up your expensive drive belts. WTF?

Less then a week later…

It was to hot in PHX AZ to do a hot lap and do a pull on my bimmer with out a intercooler, so I drove to my cabin in higher elevations with cooler air to be safe, so I thought. I was up in the White Mountains in AZ @ 7000+ elevation on a cold evening when I did the pull which ended the whole deal.(3nd gear @ 5-6 lbs boost it went pop! I immediately took my foot of the pedal but the damage was done the metal from impeller lodged my throttle body wide open my gas pedal stayed floored. Right Then a huge explosion of aluminum blasted out my exhaust! It was all over. ( I then had the car towed 200+ mile to my shop in PHX AZ. So much for feeling safe power from cooler air.

Conclusion: Due to improper fitment on the impeller shaft (impeller was improperly seated on the shaft.) The shaft spun much faster then the impeller, this caused major friction. Along with the low grade cast impeller (do not buy superchargerrebuild.com stage 3 high cfm impeller!)

The shaft spun way faster then the impeller (witch should have been fixed tight to the shaft ) produced major friction (heat) This caused the core of the turbine to heat up to a level in witch the cooler air being drawn in to the impeller fins caused a catastrophic failure. The extreme temp differences from the hot core to the cold fins caused the impeller to explode! Just like pouring cold water on hot glass!

The rebuild cost me near a grand , and blew up my BMW M62 engine!!!

superchargerrebuild claims they custom make their bearings, if I knew that before I would of never purchased the rebuild or ther bearings. I DO KNOW THIS: If you take a cheap bearing (housings) that is designed for steel balls, take out the steel ball bearings and put in the ceramic ball bearings,

You cant claim ABEC9 nor any tested RPMs. It’s a pure scam and is worse then leaving the steel bearing in the housing in witch the bearings designed for. The bearing it self is a small part of what makes a good tested bearing. Real ceramic bearing have to be designed & tested with & for the ceramic balls, thus you have many other parts like the spacers for the bearing the design of the spacers for the ceramic bearings the material, the way the housing is designed , pretty much EVERY THING!!!.

• 3 weeks later...

Holy crap, that is exactly what happened to my V2 head! I actually opened it after the first fix and the smaller bearings were both chewed to shit and he crimped the casing o ring completely flat. I sent it back to him disassembled and he replaced the bearings and told me to send it back if there are any problems without opening it....scam perhaps. This last fix lasted about 1000 miles. Thank good it didn't fail in Galveston, TX about 250 miles from home. However, after the impeller shaft came lose it set the impeller out of round. This time I stopped it before it exploded. And to make matters worse-you are right good damn thing I had an intercooler. I found shrapnel (from impeller), oil, seal material....and packing peanuts in my intercooler! WTFO! I am fed up frustrated and looking to send it somewhere else. These heads have never sounded right.

I just ordered 3" and 3.33" 8 rib pulleys and a new oil feed line and assembly. Also got the bypass valve breather cap. This learning curve is getting out of control. lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got the 3.0 and 3.33 pulleys in. Switched the 2.7 out with the 3.0 and have a squeak in the belts that is deafening. Any ideas? The belt edges are not rubbing against the side of the pulleys or idlers. The custom Idler appears to have the correct tension. Any help would be great.

• 3 years later...

I know this was 3 years ago but I've never been much of a forum guy, so I don't check them very often,
but a good customer let me know of some unhappy people out there, so I
though it necessary to go around to all the forums and hopefully get
some of this negative energy going around rectified! First of all, we
are not out to cheat or defraud anyone in any way, but it seems like that's the automatic
assumption for some reason? We are here to help, not hurt! All parts
installed carry the proper ratings and we are constantly looking for
better parts. Any post that you may have seen in the past, or may see in
the future, about us intentionally doing bad work and leaving a
customer out to dry is either 1) missing our side of the story or 2)
completely false. (Of course a major difficulty in resolving complaints
comes when what the customer says happened, and what the parts show,
don't match - that's usually when you see the posts, b/c a lot of times
people don't want to own up to the fact that their overspinning it, or
abusing it in some way, caused the problem - so they want to take it out
on us, when we won't fix it for free, when the failure was not our
fault.) But, if you ever have a problem with something PLEASE EMAIL US
directly ([email protected]), so we can try to come to a
resolution and make everybody happy - don't have the manpower
to monitor 100's of forums, so we're not going to be constantly
checking back here. Bashing us on the forums doesn't help you get
resolution either, b/c we don't know you're upset unless we stumble upon
it! We try very hard to keep 100% Positive feedback on eBay and the
fact that we have 980+ Positive feedback, and counting, should count for
something, and show that we care about making people happy!

Now as for mister "azautosport" above - I refunded his payment in full, even though his explanation and details were "sketchy" and he would not send me proof of anything or let me try to work it out. He said he would remove the negative posts but 3 years later he still hasn't and you still see them in several places...

Edited by sc0001 (see edit history)

I know this was 3 years ago but I've never been much of a forum guy, so I don't check them very often,

but a good customer let me know of some unhappy people out there, so I

though it necessary to go around to all the forums and hopefully get

some of this negative energy going around rectified! First of all, we

are not out to cheat or defraud anyone in any way, but it seems like that's the automatic

assumption for some reason? We are here to help, not hurt! All parts

installed carry the proper ratings and we are constantly looking for

better parts. Any post that you may have seen in the past, or may see in

the future, about us intentionally doing bad work and leaving a

customer out to dry is either 1) missing our side of the story or 2)

completely false. (Of course a major difficulty in resolving complaints

comes when what the customer says happened, and what the parts show,

don't match - that's usually when you see the posts, b/c a lot of times

people don't want to own up to the fact that their overspinning it, or

abusing it in some way, caused the problem - so they want to take it out

on us, when we won't fix it for free, when the failure was not our

fault.) But, if you ever have a problem with something PLEASE EMAIL US

directly ([email protected]), so we can try to come to a

resolution and make everybody happy - don't have the manpower

to monitor 100's of forums, so we're not going to be constantly

checking back here. Bashing us on the forums doesn't help you get

resolution either, b/c we don't know you're upset unless we stumble upon

it! We try very hard to keep 100% Positive feedback on eBay and the

fact that we have 980+ Positive feedback, and counting, should count for

something, and show that we care about making people happy!

Now as for mister "azautosport" above - I refunded his payment in full, even though his explanation and details were "sketchy" and he would not send me proof of anything or let me try to work it out. He said he would remove the negative posts but 3 years later he still hasn't and you still see them in several places...

Want to set the record straight here too???? :uhoh: