Stock Painted Silverado SS Wheels

I CORNER

I picked up a fence staple and needed a tire patched. So I decided to rotate the tires and wheel wax the entire rims.

This was the first time that I had the wheels off, since I bought the truck in December 2003.

Our stock wheels have the GM logo cast into the front hub, but have a "SPEEDLINE" cast into 1 of the spokes of each wheel. Does this mean that Speedline makes them for GM? Has anyone noticed this casting?

Rick R

Mine had that also. GM doesn't make much of anything for there vehicles, they just sub-contract it all out to the cheapest bidder. what a suprise :fume:

It's all about the money.....I would rather GM try to find the best deal on parts, that way they can pass the savings on to us. Besides companies that only make wheels or injectors or whatever can produce a better quality part for less money. :thumbs:

To be perfectly honest Speedline doesn't make that bad of rims.... I am kinda surprized that they made this set sooooo HEAVY, but probably had something to do with Chevy's cost-cutting requirements. At least they're strong! :D

• 2 weeks later...

...or that they're for a truck that might see some hard use...the General still has to cover the warranty issues...I like your stock wheels...was thinking about them for my Avalanche but the consensus here seems to be that it would lead me to wannabe status :puke:

Bill

:P:chevy::thumbs::seeya::flag:

Archived