What would a lifted SS look like?

i think i bought the wrong truck...to think that i was gonna get ither a 2500 long bed turbo deisel or the ss i got the ss it was much cheaper/faster but those turbo desels dont play juts a few bolt ons and they will be taking SSS all day belive me my uncle has a dually all he has is a chip and exhaust and intake he beats me i was impressed but i take him off the line any day tho...ohh well i love my ss but i want to make it look diffrent from the other ss's

i think it would be cheaper and more cost effective to buy a regular silverado and get the front and rear bumpers aftermarket....then lift the hell out of it...you can probably buy the dash piece and the cluster as well...then all you are missing is badges and head rests...

:wtf: . . . wait . . . I'm still confused. Lift an SS :confused: Why???

The added weight and traction of the bigger tires on dry pavement (I assume you'd be running somenthing in the 35+ range to make it worth the effort) would just wreak havoc w/ all the steering and AWD system. Wouldn't it? It doesn't seem like the ideal truck to be messing with driveline/steering elements. I'd go buy yourself a 2400HD or a regular Silverado and start from the ground up . . . lifting an SS just seems like a bad idea IMO.

I can't say it looks bad . . . but it just don't look right. :confused:

:withstupid:

yeah, just doesn't seem quite right, but i am sure it will be done by someone eventually. i just can't wait to see one with rims and tires like your bro's truck :D

Photochop I did of my SS almost exactly a year ago to the day. Someday I may lift the rear of mine with the stock Z71 2" spacer blocks to get the arse back up in the air when towing my snowmobile trailer.

ss_z71_baby.jpg

with 33" swampers :cheers:

Archived