My New-To-Me Jeep To Drive Around And Tow Stuff

SSThunder

I've had it for weeks but haven't had a chance to get pics. I got this off my cousin for $5,500. It's a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8 loaded with leather, cd, 10 disc cd changer, sunroof, power everything, 4WD, towing package, heated mirrors, heated seats that don't work lol. Jeep rides fine and has 114K miles on it. Feels top heavy but it gets great mpg on the highway. Even driving it in the city I avg around 19 or so mpg. Twice as much as the SS but it's not as fun lol. Still it's a nice SUV that is serving it's purpose. I'm thinking of picking up a SS Camaro or Trans Am ws6 to have fun with while I save up for the C6Z06. The LS1 in those seem to be pretty fast with bolt ons and cams. I miss being able to go fast. well anyway here are the pics.

38511970001_large.jpg

38511970003_large.jpg

38511970004_large.jpg

38511970005_large.jpg

Nice. I was going to ask you how you liked it now that you had it for a while. I'm going to look at a 2004 Limited 4x4 in blue with 70k on it. The guy wants $11k. I'm hoping we dont have too many issues with them. I decided against the caliber SRT4 for a daily driver. Even though its quick, I really need an SUV even though my fiance has one too. I'm also going to pick up an LS1 F-body for around $10-15k as my go fast fix. A good cam selection, headers, tune, and other little items can get those buggers into the low 12's, some even have gone 11's with intake, cam, headers and other minor bolt ons. I'll be getting a manual.

When you were thinking of getting a 78-80 vette, I was like "ok", but you realize that the L48's had around 185hp and L82 engine code models had around 225hp. The L82 had the 4bolt main block with forged internals. Your Jeep could beat them stock vs stock...lol. Also, even though they are a vette, they are dog slow and would need tons of cash you would never recoup thrown into them unless you found one already done. I think the LSx cars are the way to go. Heck, NADA on a hard top '99 vette is only $16k now. I might even look at one of those, C5 Z06 look without the price tag (or power, but a cam and intake could change that).

And here is a great article about the 78-79 vettes you were considering...

http://www.vetteweb.com/features/vemp_0102_1979_chevrolet_corvette/index.html

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)