Supercharged Whipple 2300 Ax

calisscruzin

So I just bought me a 2005 SS AWD Supercharged with a Whipple. Got it for $18,600! Good Deal right? 32k miles. I hope so. glare.gif

Anywho, I hear alot of bad things about this supercharger and not being able to produce power like it should. So what I want to do is get the most out of it. First off this truck will never see the track. It will be more of a daily driver but I want that Power on Demand. What upgrades should I get to get the most out of this supercharger. I dont want to buy a better supercharger just get the most out of this one. HELP PLEASE! dunno.gif

Fuel management?

Electronics?

and the biggest upgrade....

What set up of Air/Air Intercooler do I need?? Where can I find the set up to buy or peice together???

SS13.jpg

SS1.jpg

SS2.jpg

Edited by calisscruzin (see edit history)

I don't know where you got your info from but those are not bad supperchargers. the only bad thins is that they never got the refinement needed on our truck like the mustang guys get.... with that said, look for ditch the whippletronics and aux injectors, put in some bigger ones, add a good air to air intercooler from like a turbo set up and get a good live tune and you will be happy.

yeah everything i have heard about the whipple says that there is nothing wrong with the Supercharger itself. The problem is the Whipple programmer.

Get bigger injectors and a custom PCM tune and it should reach its full potential.

But if you really dont like it you could always just take it off and give it to me : :jester:

• 2 weeks later...

I say get 60's, you might get by with 42's.

goto performancetrucks.net and look for a guy who added an FMIC and ditched the aux injectors. You might also look at using Meth. I spent alot of time reading on kennebell.net too look for the tech articles, tons of info.

they are nice because they are actual compressors, unlike the eaton's that just push the air

• 2 years later...
I have the same set up how do I remove the Whippletronics and injectors ? Just pull em out? I just bought a diablo sport predator, can I tune it with this?

Where are you out of?, theres a local ss are Ct. that looks just like yours.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I have the same set up how do I remove the Whippletronics and injectors ? Just pull em out? I just bought a diablo sport predator, can I tune it with this?

yes you can just pull them off, add a block of plate to where the injectors mount, or just leave them in as dummies. The Diablo sport is only good to you if you have a base FI tune. If its a normal tuner for a gas truck its going to leave a lot to be desired. Your best bet is to get a cutom tune from one of the vendors here, or get proper tuning software that will allow you to have full control of your PCM

Edit: don't forget to add some sort of intercooler, A2A, A2W

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

Thats a steal of a price for the mods and the miles! Hows the tranny holding? You might be more worried about beefing that up right now.

Those black on silver birch stripes are my favorite, very nice setup. Did you buy that from another member? It looks very familiar...