High Flow Cats In Ca

ANGRYGREG

Does anyone know where I can get some high flow cats. I was looking at the Dynatech's or Magnaflow but it is illegal to ship any catylic converter to CA from another state. Does anyone in socal know where I can get them?

looking for these http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynatech/329/79-400250/10002/-1 or the ones at the bottom of the page.

Does anyone know where I can get some high flow cats. I was looking at the Dynatech's or Magnaflow but it is illegal to ship any catylic converter to CA from another state. Does anyone in socal know where I can get them?

looking for these http://www.jegs.com/...400250/10002/-1 or the ones at the bottom of the page.

iamwithstupid.gif i tried to find some myself a couple months ago and couldn't find anyone that would ship to CA.

iamwithstupid.gif i tried to find some myself a couple months ago and couldn't find anyone that would ship to CA.

You will be hard press to find any high flow cats in CA. A good friend of mine took his wife's Tahoe in for a smog inspection and it failed because the numbers on the cat are not on the approves list of acceptable cats according to CARB M16.gif (California Air Re-souse Board). The one that he put on was from Napa and only less than a year old. So lucky for him the pack rat that he is, he replaced the new one with the messed up one and got it to pass smog. They are required to crawl under and retrieve the numbers from the cats now.

get something that looks like cats and run a stright pipe through it . in ca your best bet is to just have something that looks like one . no matter what with lt's your screwed on smog anyway. so my as well take full advantage of your exhaust performance .

I want some back pressure. I am not worried about smog. I am running with no cats right now and have been getting backfires or misfires at WOT. I just think my truck runs better with high flow cats.

The law was passed February 2010 that cats can't be shipped to CA from another state.

BTW does anyone know what kind of ticket it is if you get pulled over without them???

I did a search and found this.

"$5,000 per cat removed, no more than $10,000 total fine. You'll probably never see your car again either."

Here's the source I found it on.

~*Click Me*~

I believe it to. Since I heard it was a $1,500 fine for just flicking a cig ash out your window.

Whew! Wife got lucky last summer in laguna when the cop just announced over his PA to her. *DO NOT ASH OUT YOUR WINDOW!!!!!* LMAO

From that link

"just hollow out some cats. the cops will never know"

:crackup:

Cops can't smell? A engine without cats makes a distinctive smell, easy enough to catch when you are behind the car. We would probably call it cool, but cops are used to pulling over street racing ricers, and are no doubt wise to the hollowed out cat and the resulting smell of exhaust.

<edit>

Some more information on Cats in CA from the CARB website:

CARB Aftermarket Catalytic Converters

Q. What is the penalty for a violation of the law?

A. Catalytic converter falls under California anti-tampering law. The law is designed to prevent tampering with pollution control devices on California vehicles. The anti-tampering law is Vehicle Code Section 27156 and covers all pollution related systems and devices on a motor vehicle. A violation of this law may also include a parallel violation of California Business and Professions Code Sections 17200 and 17500. Judges usually impose penalty based on the severity of the offence and whether a repeat offender is involved, and a fine of up to $2,500 for each violation may be assessed, as well as some jail time

I think the big fines are for shops installing illegal CATs not individuals.

Edited by dcairns (see edit history)

looking for these http://www.jegs.com/...400250/10002/-1 or the ones at the bottom of the page.

you might be in luck du about a month ago i purchased a pair of high flow cats and they did shiped to ca , i have installed them and i could say this are just as magnaflow, but with a better price, hope you get them, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yonaka-3-High-Flow-Universal-Catalytic-Cat-Converter_W0QQitemZ310212989614QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item483a2292ae

This is more about the truck running good than pleasing the cops. I am having the ones in the first link shipped to my dad out of state and he is going to ship them to me. I win....cheers.gif

or a road trip to Vegas.. :driving: i use to do it when i was towing. when ever i needed some 5 gal. jerry cans for caring fuel on the trucks, it was there, or AZ. all i could get in CA was non vented cans and they :puke:

:seeya:

I actually got pulled over yesterday by chp and one of the first things he asked was if i had a modified exhaust. I was like oh sh*t im screwed. Of course i told him no no modified exhaust heredunno.gif He called my bullshit and said that if he were an **** he could have given me a fat ass ticket but just let me off with a warning. After that experience i am at least going to get the cat look a likes or im going to have to do the same thing as angrygreg and have a friend out of state ship the high flows to me. Anything but put the crappy stock cats back on ( bad experience with those).