Building An Ss

I am Scott from Tennessee, currently residing/working in the Detroit area. I recently acquired a white 4WD extended cab 1500 Silverado and would like to improve it into an SS. I don't really know where to start so I came here for the technical information. Since I consider myself to have intermediate skill level, I don't mind farming some of the more complicated tasks out ( I just don't know who to use in this area). Any advice on where to start, and where to go for advice/parts contacts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Well I suppose I will start you off with the basics.......... 6.0 V8, plastic cladding for the lower portion of each panel, front and rear bumper covers, white gauges (tach/speedo), SS style front bucket seats w/ center console and the SS dash plate. Those are the major differences between our trucks and yours....... I attached an interior pic so you can see what the dash plate and gauges look like. Good luck with the build, sounds like fun! IMG_0618.JPG

i would get the transfer case (nvg-149), front axle, c/v joints from a salvaged Silverado SS and do the conversion to AWD since you're already 4x4. I would also start buying the cladding and bumper pieces, grille and other small parts. Again, thats just how I would start if I were building a SS clone. Good luck to ya and you've def come to the right place for plenty of info on the SS!

First off welcome to the site.

Secondly if you want to make a SS clone, you have to know what you want out of it and how much your willing to spend. If you are looking to make it into a full out SS then you would be better off buying one IMO.

If you are looking to have it look like an SS on the outside, start looking for some body cladding, bumpers, grill, wheels.

With the interior check post #2.

As far as the engine and drivetrain, that is up to you. Switching to AWD and dropping in a LQ9 or LQ4 is going to be expensive since you will most likely want to do performance mods and tranny mods. And rear end will have to be geared to match the front gear ratio of the AWD unit.

Alot depends on what you want out of it. You can search through the site for alot of information on swaps, and there are alot of "clones" that you can get a better idea on what you are looking for on here too.

Ask away on the questions. There is alot of knowledge on here that will be able to help you out.