My First Build

chrisvance811

Hi my name is chris and im pretty new hear. want to let you guys know about my 04 sss because i could use some advise along the way on anything that im doing wrong. I already have a magnaflow cat back system installed and now its time to start getting serious. It was like christmas this morning when I woke up to this on my front steps. pacesetter headers and a volant cai kit. cant wait to get them on. any suggestion for putting the headers on. tips or tricks are stongly encouraged.

post-20183-127247650398_thumb.jpg

PB Blast the exhaust mani bolts before trying to take em out.. take your time and dont get too pissed off. Headers should slide right in from the bottom, a sawzall and some high jack stands will come in handy if you dont have a lift. Where did u pick up the volant?

After you get everything installed, get it tuned. Zippy, Blackbear and Wheatly. All members here on SSS.com. I have a Zippy tune on mine and the truck runs fantastic. I have heard alot of good things about the other guys as well.

PB Blast the exhaust mani bolts before trying to take em out.. take your time and dont get too pissed off. Headers should slide right in from the bottom, a sawzall and some high jack stands will come in handy if you dont have a lift. Where did u pick up the volant?

I picked up the cai on autoanything.com. Ive heard from all the guys I talked to that it might not be a fun time but it will be worth it in the end. what is the sawzall for?

After you get everything installed, get it tuned. Zippy, Blackbear and Wheatly. All members here on SSS.com. I have a Zippy tune on mine and the truck runs fantastic. I have heard alot of good things about the other guys as well.

I had planned on getting a tune from wheaty tune but wasn't sure on how to get a hold of them and how the process worked because my truck is my daily driver.

Wheatly is a vendor on this site, look at the top left side of the screen he has an add there, just click on it, or go to the prefered vendor section on the home page here. I am pretty sure you can by a pcm from him with the tune on it. Just tell him the mods you have on your truck and he will take it from there.

Edited by SS Muscle Truck (see edit history)