How Do You Send A Pm?

Hankg42

I feel really stupid, but I can't figure out how to send a PM since the site was updated. :confused: Did it a hundred times before... there used to be a drop down menu by a member's name. That doesn't seem to be there any more. Would somebody please help me out? I looked at the Help page and still can't find the way to do it. Thanks.

Edit: I'll take it one step further... I can't even find the Inbox for my old messages. Used to find it under "My Controls", but I can't find it now. :dunno: What am I missing?

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)

Hey Hank ...

#1 - there is a little envelope Icon under people's avatar.

#2 - At the top left of the page, where it says "Signed in as Hankq42" ... the drop down arrow, click it ... it says "Messanger" ... go in there ...

Hope that helps for now ...

Shuan

Hey Hank ...

#2 - At the top left of the page, where it says "Signed in as Hankq42" ... the drop down arrow, click it ... it says "Messanger" ... go in there ...

Shuan

Shuan... I have looked in that dropdown by my user-id. Nothing there for "Messinger". I also do not see any envelope under people's avatar. There's an icon that opens an information box about the user, but there's no way to send a PM in there either. I'm stumped.

Edit: The only icon under your avatar removed you as a friend! Didn't want to do that!!

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)

• Admin

Hey Hank ...

Shuan

Yup, thats it. Gotta move everything around to keep you guys on your toes!

Yup, thats it. Gotta move everything around to keep you guys on your toes!

Sorry... I don't see it. The dropdown I see has "My Profile", "My Settings", "Manage friends", etc. Nothing for "Messinger".

Did you take my rights away? :jester:

• Admin

Hank,

It sounds like your personal messenger got disabled somehow. To fix this, go to your user settings by clicking the drop down next to your name and clicking 'My Settings' Or click this link: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp

Then scroll down until you find the following options:

disable_messenger.jpg

Uncheck 'Disable my personal messenger', save and you should be good to go.

:cheers: