Fluid Leaking At Driver Side Rear Wheel

fox_forma

I guess this is the right spot to post but today i decided to throw my 22's back on the SS and in the process I noticed a puddle right at the driver side rear wheel. I thought it was brake fluid but now I am not sure. I can't get a clear read on the fluid because of where its leaking. There are no leaks coming from the lines or anything but I do however see build up between the disc area. My brake fluid is fine and as much as I have been seeing I think it may be a wheel seal or something of the sort since the brake level hasn't went down. How can I be sure if its brake fluid or rear diff? It kind of smells like brake fluid but doesn't look like it at all. If it is a seal what am I looking at to replace it? The sooner the better!

Since the site was down I could not update, I took the truck in for service since I still have an extended GMPP warranty. They thought it was the seal as well and said they would have the truck back to me in 3hrs give or take on monday after I dropped it off in the AM. Got a call around 11am and was told it wasn't a seal. The whole rear axle tube had cracked. Warranty deemed it a stress crack and warranty is covering in full. I have a $100 deductible but its better than a few grand. Hopefully I should get it back Monday or Tuesday.

yeah the warranty def saved my ass but get this the warranty is up June 14th so just in time. I asked about getting another warranty but that one was priced at like $2500 so that is a pass. What pisses me off though is they asked why i didn't get the GMPP up to 100k and I told them I was only offered the 30k extra one. They told me it would of cost $300 more dollars and because I didn't ask about it is why it was never brought up.

I didn't ask the dealer yet but how do they warranty the new rear that is going in? Anyone know?

yeah the warranty def saved my ass but get this the warranty is up June 14th so just in time. I asked about getting another warranty but that one was priced at like $2500 so that is a pass. What pisses me off though is they asked why i didn't get the GMPP up to 100k and I told them I was only offered the 30k extra one. They told me it would of cost $300 more dollars and because I didn't ask about it is why it was never brought up.

I didn't ask the dealer yet but how do they warranty the new rear that is going in? Anyone know?

Way to go; Gettin in under the wire on your warranty! cheers.gif

Their "don't ask, don't tell" policy on the 100K extended warranty suck's, big time, but thanks for giving the heads up on it.

At $2500 for another warranty I think I'd pass and take my chances too.

Got the ol SS back yesterday and they put a whole new rear in. Everything is new back there. What was also cool is I didn't get charged the $100 deductible through GMPP and they covered it. I paid $50 for alignment and that was it. Hopefully she holds up now.