Heres A Little Sub Enclosure Im Building For The Sss

well i got it in the truck today. just had to let it pound a little bit so i could make sure it doesn't crack. its freaking loud. i drove it around for a little while now my heads pounding. i will post pictures when i take them.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Got any pics yet?

i dont have pics yet. the wife went out of town with the camera. but its in the truck and bumping. it hits pretty damn hard. now its time for mids and highs. ill get pictures up soon. i have been work crazy hours at work nothing like working 70 hours aweek for 3 weeks in a row.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

well i finally have a update on this. its been sitting for the past year and i haven't touched it. well about a month ago i got a spark under my butt and figured i should finish this pig. so the work began. for the last 3 weeks or so i have been sanding out all the little flaws in it. just working on it when i had the extra time. i have put a ton of hours into this thing. even at some points i thought about scrapping it and doing something else. the box was getting the best of me. but i pull through and got it all prepped for my painter. So last night we spayed it. it turnout pretty good. we laid down 2 coats of thick primer then we blocked it out to get it smooth. then came the paint. of corse the color is arrival blue to match the truck. we laid down 4 coasts of blue and the final step was four coast of clear. this thing looks like candy now. the blue it so deep. i will be wet sanding it in the next day or so and i will get better pics then but this is what i have for now.

IMG_8914.jpg

here i am blocking it out.

IMG_8918.jpg

heres the box as it sits right now. it will need to cure for another 24hrs so i can wet sand it.

IMG_8983.jpg

IMG_8982.jpg

IMG_8981.jpg

IMG_8979.jpg

Looks good. Creative design.

thanks. yeah i just really wanted something different a i got it. pictures dont do much for this box. in person it has so many crazy curves. it crazy. heres some pices from buffing it alittle today. it still has a bunch of wet sanding but its turning out better than i though. the pics in the sun light are the best.

IMG_9010.jpg

IMG_9013.jpg

IMG_9019.jpg

IMG_9024.jpg

IMG_9008.jpg

wow i was jusr looking at old pictures of this box and it crazy what it looked like when i first started with body filler. looks like some 4 year old got bored playing with his toys and decided to play with bondo.

its crazy when you see how far it has come. from a pile of wood to what it is now.

before i start sanding it looked like this.

IMG_4088.jpg

and then many many hours later of sanding and then sanding some more it goes to this.

IMG_9015.jpg

well its getting super close to being completed. heres a few pics. im really liking it. its just so different and turned out just like i had planned. im getting stoked to show it at this weekends car show.

IMG_9045.jpg

IMG_9047.jpg

IMG_9048.jpg

Looks sick bro...now u have me thinking about doin something similar to this set up. Now u gotta start pairing sum dash parts as well as door panels n such,it will make it stand out much more than it already does.