Help With Rims N Tires For Stock Ss

Meloyelo90

Apologies in advance for all the questions, first time upgrading wheels on my '03 SS truck. Currently have Pirelli Scorpions - 305/50 in back and 275/55 in front, for some reason the driver front tire has completely worn the inner tread so it's time to replace all four I guess. Didn't even notice this until it was too late, not sure what the issue is but I'll get it checked out before the upgrade. I've been reading all the posts here and I've narrowed it down to the matte black 20's or 22's here http://cgi.ebay.com/...1#ht_742wt_1167 unless I can get my hands on some of those cyber grey rims. Here are my basic questions, sorry for the lack of knowledge.

1. Will 22's look bad on a stock height SS - I see most people lower them before putting them on. Any warnings about bigger rims on a stock truck ?

2. Is it OK to tow about a 4000 lb trailer with these rims ? I'll be towing about 3000 miles R/T twice /yr.

3. How will different revs / mile affect the truck - will more revs produce worse gas mileage ? With 22's I would assume a little better mileage / less wear per mile or would it be the opposite due to more tread / resistance on the pavement ?

4. Recommended tire size for a stock height truck ? I see allot of people going to 305/50's but that may be a tad aggressive for a stock setup. Clearance issues ?

Seen so many posts I'm trying to get a clear idea of what's best for looks and reliability. Thanks to everyone,

I have Boss 313's 22" black face polished lip my truck still has the stock suspention i took the helper leafs out of the rear and adjusted my torsion bars to level it out.

my tire size is 285/45/22 Nitto 420's I plan on lowering mine 3/4 by the end of summer

I think you will be ok with what you want to do just go with a 295 or a 285 imo

G/L

Thanks for the replies...looking at 285 or 295 right now. As far as running different sizes on my current setup, I did this after doing some research beforehand but looks like it was a bad choice. Basically the two wheel sizes had identical sidewall height and radius, and were only off by .1 inch in diameter so I thought everything would be fine.