First Post In The F / I Section

It's not about the smallest pulley you can run, but the one that you will be able to use to maximize the performace of your 5.3l. with that said, like angrygreg said, a 3.0 would be a good start. Its better to underboost and be safe, and upgrade as needed.

It's not about the smallest pulley you can run, but the one that you will be able to use to maximize the performace of your 5.3l. with that said, like angrygreg said, a 3.0 would be a good start. Its better to underboost and be safe, and upgrade as needed.

How many pounds will a 3.0 make on a 5.3??? You got any idea?

How many pounds will a 3.0 make on a 5.3??? You got any idea?

If I remember right, and someone correct me if I am wrong, but a 5.3l will make approximatly one pound of boost more than an lq9 using the same size pulley.

Depends on the mods the 5.3L has. A 3.0" pulley on a 5.3L with no other mods will make about 11psi or so at 500ft altitude. Lower altitude may be more as well as higher altitude will be less. Headers will drop this about 1psi as well as a tight pattern cam will be about a 1psi drop. I wouldn't go smaller than a 3.0" with a 5.3L.

Depends on the mods the 5.3L has. A 3.0" pulley on a 5.3L with no other mods will make about 11psi or so at 500ft altitude. Lower altitude may be more as well as higher altitude will be less. Headers will drop this about 1psi as well as a tight pattern cam will be about a 1psi drop. I wouldn't go smaller than a 3.0" with a 5.3L.

thanks....i was talkin to ray supersub who i bought the kit from niether of us know what the size is he is guessing 2.8 or .9 he told me thats ok and i would make 10lbs.....so to hear this makes me happy.....also i think im gonna wait to install because i am on a stock trans, do i need to rebuild the whole thing or just some parts?