Good Vehicle For Mom?

Nscott

My Mother got the great present of getting cut off the day before mothers day. She had her Eddie Bauer Explorer for 8 years, always babied it, never hit before this. Long story short, young kid was following his gps and not the road itself, almost missed the turn and without paying attention took a sharp left across the road in front of my mother, and didn't make it :banghead: . Mom, younger brother and dog all in the explorer got the brunt of it. Only the rear corner of the other car got it(honda pilot). Mom and brother got an ambulance ride and got checked. Mainly whiplash, brother has a soft cast on his right arm untill we get some further investigating done (hit it on the dash hard).

explorereploded.jpg

They totaled it, exceeded over 75% of vehicle value.

Now to the question, whats a good mom vehicle? Looking at maybe new, more than likely certified used. GM has the upper hand in mind due to the Onstar option since her phone went flying to the back seat in the accident. I was think maybe Tahoe, trailblazer, equinox or traverse. She also likes the newer grand cherokee's too.

Let me know what you guys think,

Neil

All that matters is that everybody is okay. What is your Mom's budget for a new vehicle? That will help determine what you are gonna shop for....

Is that the kid who was driving the Honda(also pictured) in the photo above? :huh:

All that matters is that everybody is okay. What is your Mom's budget for a new vehicle? That will help determine what you are gonna shop for....

Is that the kid who was driving the Honda(also pictured) in the photo above? :huh:

Tops I think 35K is the cut off, not sure on numbers, i know we'll be getting around 9G's for the exploder...

Yeah thats the kid, him and his buddy dressed alike. Plaid shorts, tucked in shirts, aviator glasses, boat shoes..... :gayfight2::jerk:

Tops I think 35K is the cut off, not sure on numbers, i know we'll be getting around 9G's for the exploder...

Yeah thats the kid, him and his buddy dressed alike. Plaid shorts, tucked in shirts, aviator glasses, boat shoes..... :gayfight2::jerk:

I was gonna say the same thing, he looks a little :greddy: ..... If that's what she is looking to spend, that will easily get her into a fully loaded Tahoe or Yukon that is 2-3 years old and has maybe 20-30k on the clock.......

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

I was gonna say the same thing, he looks a little :greddy: ..... If that's what she is looking to spend, that will easily get her into a fully loaded Tahoe or Yukon that is 2-3 years old and has maybe 20-30k on the clock.......

Yeah, they got a little scared when the SS came whippin down the road and i jumped out :ughdance:

I was thinking the same thing about catching one fresh off a lease or trade in. Tahoe would be awesome, I know she damn sure won't go to anything smaller than an explorer after this accident.

My Mother got the great present of getting cut off the day before mothers day. She had her Eddie Bauer Explorer for 8 years, always babied it, never hit before this. Long story short, young kid was following his gps and not the road itself, almost missed the turn and without paying attention took a sharp left across the road in front of my mother, and didn't make it :banghead: . Mom, younger brother and dog all in the explorer got the brunt of it. Only the rear corner of the other car got it(honda pilot). Mom and brother got an ambulance ride and got checked. Mainly whiplash, brother has a soft cast on his right arm untill we get some further investigating done (hit it on the dash hard).

explorereploded.jpg

Now to the question, whats a good mom vehicle? Looking at maybe new, more than likely certified used. GM has the upper hand in mind due to the Onstar option since her phone went flying to the back seat in the accident. I was think maybe Tahoe, trailblazer, equinox or traverse. She also likes the newer grand cherokee's too.

Neil

i see moms or women all the time in TBSS all the time at least 2 times a a day out here in Missouri

i see moms or women all the time in TBSS all the time at least 2 times a a day out here in Missouri

I haven't asked my parents to borrow the car in years.... and i know i would be asking to borrow a tbss hahaha

My Mother got the great present of getting cut off the day before mothers day. She had her Eddie Bauer Explorer for 8 years, always babied it, never hit before this. Long story short, young kid was following his gps and not the road itself, almost missed the turn and without paying attention took a sharp left across the road in front of my mother, and didn't make it banghead.gif . Mom, younger brother and dog all in the explorer got the brunt of it. Only the rear corner of the other car got it(honda pilot). Mom and brother got an ambulance ride and got checked. Mainly whiplash, brother has a soft cast on his right arm untill we get some further investigating done (hit it on the dash hard).

explorereploded.jpgsorry to hear that man but truely best that no one got hurt badly, and if i was to recomend a ride for your mom i would tell you to take a look at the 08-09-10 town&country,. we got an 08 for mom also, and she is more than happy, plenty of room comfortable and gas saver, take a look at those.smash.gif

Neil

Edited by eddiess-06 (see edit history)

Tahoes are nice.. but the Traverse is pretty nice too. My mom test drove one in March & I decided to go along with her to the dealership so I could check out the new Camaros haha. It was an silver Traverse LTZ with heated/cooled seats, sunroof, 20 wheels. Got inside & seats were real comfortable nice and roomy, the whole interior overall looked clean/modern. It drove real smooth on the highway like a car and throttle response was decent for a v6. Has 5 star safety rating for front & side crash impact. Also better gas mileage than a Tahoe but if she tows anything then Tahoe wins out. Only thing is the Traverse is still pretty new so problem areas will arise.. The one she test drove was somewhere around 40K so you'd might be able to talk them down to around 35k. She wanted them to come down to 35k on the dot but the best they could do was 38k so she decided to wait a bit on it in case she decides to keep her Impala. If your mom doesn't need all the fancy stuff I believe the base model starts around 30k.

Edited by CypreSS'TX05 (see edit history)

All of the following have onstar and all of them should get better gas mileage and ride better than her old EB Explorer...

Certified Buick Enclave CXL - mid $30's for a fully loaded one that MSRP'd near $50k...friends have one and love it, very nice ride.

Certified GMC Acadia (much nicer than Traverse)

Certified GMC Envoy Denali with 5.3L and AFM...super nice ride and around $20k now. Almost went with one before the G8.

Certified Saab 9-7x with 5.3L AFM and AWD.

Certified Saab 9-7x AERO AWD with 6.0L 395hp. Have seen them under $30k certified, but they are super rare. Talk her into this one and borrow it all the time.

If she must consider the Jeep Grand Cherokee, she should wait a couple months if possible (probably not, needs transportation sooner than later I assume). Jeep is releasing an all-new 2011 Jeep in July I believe, The current JGC gen values will drop like a rock after that point and the body style will age quickly with the redesign.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

• 10 months later...

similar story just it was 1999 chevy venture, some barely 18 oil rig punk (cant talk much im one) had a ranch hand front bumper and tboned the middle half of the van he was late for a court date, blew threw a red light at about 50mph. The person knew who i was right away when he seen the black out victory red SSS and promptly hid behind the cop.

My mom loves my SSS and i couldnt find another one for sale around where i live so i bought her a TBSS and she loves it! best part is she's been hounding me to get some more power to the wheels! which isnt like her so im thinking shes having fun messing without all these 4 bangers running around town