Newbie With Dilemma

Hey guys. Figured I'd kill two birds here. I'm reallying wanting this SS that is for sale down the street from me at a dealership. It's an 06 with 45k miles on it that's loaded. I own a 07 Silverado right now that's got a 12" inch lift and a bunch of other stuff but now that I own a house it's just not practical. The dealer wants $25995 for this SS. I've looked on ebay and autotrader and I can't seem to find an SS with lower than 60k miles on it besides this one. Is this a good deal? According to KBB it's valued at a little over 26k so these trucks seem to hold their value pretty well. Just needing some help making a decision and what better place to do it right?

i wouldnt pay over 23.5 for it from the dealer, and IMO thats still pretty generous. I would guess they have around 18k in it

That's kinda what I was thinking too. Btw...NICE AVATAR!

I bought my 04 SS with 45K miles on it, and it had a Radix Magnacharger already installed, also fully loaded for $19K....they were asking $25K. I agree that you should pay about $23K for it however the milage is really good. Do it!

iamwithstupid.gif I would low ball the hell out of them with something like $20,000 then work up to about $22,500. Dealers are suckers when it comes to gas guzzlers. Tell them prices are going up due to the oil spill and this thing wont move all summer. They should take your money and run!

Thanks for all the tips guys. I've looked at about everything out right now used or new and the SS is the only thing that fits what I want. I don't understand salesman. You got a sale yet you want to ruin it by being an ****? Make no sense to me. I'm gonna give them one last chance and see if they budge. I'd love to trade...but I'm not a big fan of blue. (no offense!)

Welcome from another Tennessean

Like every one has said low ball them first. What stealership is it at Imy dad is in the car biz and i may beable to help ya alittle my dads stealership is in Madison.

G/L and keep us posted on it

I know. Lifted trucks are awesome to look at. But cleaning one and keeping it maintained is such a job. That's why I wanna go lower with something this time around. That way it can be cleaned and go nice and snug in my garage. Plus the extra power is a HUGE bonus.

Is the truck completely stock? If so they probably wont take low prices, Ive been told that the dealerships seek out stock SS trucks and keep the prices high on them regardless b/c they are untouched mechanically. Bring in other SS trucks for sale, however they might just reply "go get it then" (would not surpirse me in the least). What type of warranty are they offering you?

I tried going after an Indy 500 Parade Vehicle 100% stock (had body work done to it though) and they would not budge an inch. Turns out they had to get rid of it through auction and it went up in price at the next dealership by 4 grand.

It has a magnaflow exhaust on it and that's it. But there is a dent in the front bumper that I pointed out to them. So they agreed to replace it before I bought it. Other than that it's stock. No warranty has been offered to me cause it's still under factory warranty.

I would not pay that amount for a truck that had/needs body work beyond a detail. As for the magnaflow, say you dislike that exhaust and they might lower it a bit.....

Good luck on your search.

edit-as for a warranty, tell them you want the 5 year, 100,000 mile warranty w/the vehicle for the same price, or that is what I would do.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)