17Yr Old + Sss + Prom =?

detjoe

Prom Ride  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Do you let your son take modded SSS to prom

i took my SS to my senior prom :). all my freinds took out there parents fancy cars also it was pretty fun it was like a car show in the parking lot. i say let him take it its only 1 night.

as of drinking my prom was gay they had 2 cops pat everyone down before we went inside and if they drank before they wouldnt be alowed in. and they did not tell anyone about it either we found out once we got to the door and the cops started there pat down and i do not live in a bad area

Edited by 8hnpSS (see edit history)

let him go in the truck with you driving .

you know your son best , is he going to drink ? if there is any slight possibility i think he should either be picked up or in a limo . i know all the proms i went to we always had a limo so everyone couldparty it up and look big pimpin hopping out of the baller limo.

now if i had a son he wouldnt dream of ever driving my SS. it would be like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6j6wg59Llw

I voted no, becasue the truck may give him some problems, and it may have to much power for him to handle. I think you'd be a wreck not knowing what is happening with it. MABYE, if you get it all figured out by next year, and you take it out with him driving it, you can consider letting him take it to his sr. prom. But that is a BIG MAYBE. My sons ARE NOT going to drive my SS.

I say YES, I don't have kids but damn prom is only one night. If it's in a safe place and he parks it in a spot that its not going to get damaged. I mean we were all kids once what's one night in your dads SSS. So what if he wears the tires down alittle bit or speeds we all do.

My answer is complicated, so bare with me.

I would let him arrive the vehicle so he would be ciked, happy etc. but the stalling issue is what has me concerned. Like suggested maybe let him drive it a few miles to the prom while you follow. Then have a limo after the prom. I like the idea of renting a car or suv for him, but looking back at my times, it was a good thing we had a limo.

I drove my moms bmw to prom, she then picked it up, and we had a limo after, worked out perfect and everyone was safe. I think the other truck is a good choice also, but Limo seems most safe.

iamwithstupid.gif i agree, if you trust him it would be cool for him to be able to showoff your ss, its once in a life time this prom, but at same time your trucks safety sould be guaranteed by your soon. great to be a bad ass dad, if i whas in your place with my soon even he is still to young but as he is and as i know him i would let him take my truck, really i would.peelout.gif

Edited by eddiess-06 (see edit history)

i say no also.. to tempting.. when my daughter graduated, i an a bunch of her friends parents all chipped in for a limo for the night door to door service and anywhere in between.. as for me i had my own car i drove. every year good kids are killed by someone else acting STUPID...

good luck on what you decide

:seeya:

Edited by desrtrat (see edit history)

If he is responsible. Yes.

Has he even tried to drink and drive? Crack to peer pressure? Etc etc...

You know better than anyone on these boards, so...

To answer your question... 17Yr Old + Sss + Prom = Gettin' Lucky!

Not to crack on our trucks, but it's not like you're giving him keys to an 800 hp turbo viper. It is a manageable truck to drive. (assuming yours is stock or close to it).

Edited by page305 (see edit history)

I voted Yes, I recently allowed my 16 yo brother drive my truck to prom, I made a list of rules and had him read them out loud and understand every thing on it....

thats what insurance is for...

let him take it, he will be the envy in the lot, stalled or not, it's a guy thing :peelout:

I was going to let a friend borrow mine, this was before i had a custom tune and only a hand held programmer..... I set the shift points to 3000rpm, and top speed to 55 I believe. He didn't want it anymore, kinda figured his intentions after that :thumbsdown:

I say yes and no. I would let my (future) kid drive what ever i have. since i trucks are my hobby my kids will grow up the same.

I only say no because of the running conditon of the truck. If you cant fix it before the prom and he is on his head to drive it then take him for driving lessions in it and follow a few cars behind so you can swap it out at the school once he goes in. Parents used to go to the school and take pictures as kids go into the school.

I say yes and no. I would let my (future) kid drive what ever i have. since i trucks are my hobby my kids will grow up the same.

I only say no because of the running conditon of the truck. If you cant fix it before the prom and he is on his head to drive it then take him for driving lessions in it and follow a few cars behind so you can swap it out at the school once he goes in. Parents used to go to the school and take pictures as kids go into the school.

I'm with Matt on this. He'll remember it for the rest of his life. Get the stalling problem fixed and decide accordingly the remainder of the evening (limo ride or keep the truck for the evening), you know your son better than we do.

I've let my sons drive any of the cars we've had over the years because of the memories it provided them. Oldest son got to drive the entire length (both ways)of Woodward in Mom's Camaro SS 'Vert, top down, rowing through the gears. He still talks about it years later. They understand it's a privilege not a right. They have fond memories whether it's the SSS, Camaro, Chevelle, the 9C1s or the Stroker wagon. They also have been involved in the repairs and maintenance as well.

Check this out: Prom Night