Water Wetter Opinions

1quicktruck

I use Redline water wetter and distilled water. I don't really have any proof that it works as good as the bottle says but I use it...

Me too. I use it but have no idea if it really does anything. I use it with a 60/40 mix of distilled H2O / Dex though.

Me too. I use it but have no idea if it really does anything. I use it with a 60/40 mix of distilled H2O / Dex though.

I am also on the bitog forums they have found coolant deposits and trash formed from water wetters. They also hate dex-cool but I guess thats another subject.

Can we still do an old school coolant change by pulling the lower rad hose drainging and refiliing the overflow tank? I read we need a vacuum or a special machine.

Edited by evandostert (see edit history)

or rather they say it scums up the system

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=615130&nt=14&page=1

Dex-cool is given the name of death cool. I think thats more for people who don't change it a recommended issues.

Edited by evandostert (see edit history)

yea dexcool over time does some nasty things to the system ive seen it especially if you dont change it out as reccomended. As far as water wetter or rp purple ice ive seen go both ways i had a friend who used it in his mazda 3 and it threw the check engine light on because of the sensors. Figured id give my 2 cents worth