Rear Drum To Disc Conversion

LEAVE THE DRUMS!!!!!!!! I had an 04 silverado 4x4 with disks in the back. You couldnt stop that truck if your life deppended on it. My 06 Intimidator with factory disk/drum stops on a dime. But I am going to up grade the frnt to Z06 brakes. Google it. Your trucks will stop on half dimes.

Use this google link to find the silveradoss forum guy's how to.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=z06+silverado+brake+conversion&oq=z06+silverado+brake+conversion&gs_l=hp.3..0i8i30l2.1347.9123.0.9772.30.29.0.1.1.0.154.2750.24j5.29.0...0.0.0kZmtGw3JQM&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=ce19979f0aca28f&biw=1600&bih=778

This is the how to link...

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/64830-z06-brake-conversion/

This set up is for frnt and rear but if you have drums in the rear LEAVE them alone. All you need is those BIG RED's up frnt and you will be good.

You are comparing two totally different systems to each other... Lets put it this way... I have been in a stock 2000 truck with crappy front brakes and single piston small rear rotor, my 04 sss stock and now modded, and several 06+ trucks stock and with upgraded front discs . Stock for stock the 06 have better braking power and feel, my 04 with hydroboost and baer 6 piston 15" front and dual oversize piston 14" rotors rears will pull your eyes out of their sockets and my brothers 2000 with the 06 front set up and sss rear disk out brakes a stock 06 with disc/drum set up. Just saying