BIGGER WHEELS

bad ss

Youl be Ok with 23's some have them on here I think even 24's but in my opinion and take it for what its worth 20-22's are the best option as money really does play into it. Go and put the rest into power mods and run 20-22's :thumbs:

and have fun checking the miriad of wheels on the market :eek:

Jonathan

• 3 weeks later...

I have my truck on 24's and alot of you who replied said 24's look silly on this post, but you posted on my truck and said it looked sweeeet >@?@?@?@ haha....i love my 24's...but as far as everyone saying that 23's is the biggest you can go for the Ground Force lowering kit makes no sense, theres a RED SS on this website with 23's with 305/40/23 Toyo tires, he has a MCgauphy's lowering kit...the over all height (diameter) of his wheels is 32.6''....the overall height of my wheels with 305/35/24 kuhmo tires is 32.4''....which means a 24'' wheel is smaller in overall diameter than a 23'' wheel with a 305/40 series tire!!!! So 24's can tuck, just as much as 23's, techinically more....considering they are .2'' smaller :)

Jonathon K

I have my truck on 24's and alot of you who replied said 24's look silly on this post, but you posted on my truck and said it looked sweeeet >@?@?@?@ haha....i love my 24's...but as far as everyone saying that 23's is the biggest you can go for the Ground Force lowering kit makes no sense, theres a RED SS on this website with 23's with 305/40/23 Toyo tires, he has a MCgauphy's lowering kit...the over all height (diameter) of his wheels is 32.6''....the overall height of my wheels with 305/35/24 kuhmo tires is 32.4''....which means a 24'' wheel is smaller in overall diameter than a 23'' wheel with a 305/40 series tire!!!! So 24's can tuck, just as much as 23's, techinically more....considering they are .2'' smaller :)

Jonathon K

Yeah but you have no protection with those tires just watch out for pot holes those big wheels ain't cheap my buddy bent the shit out of his 24 and he hit a small hole don't forget how heavy your truck is. If I could go back to when I bought my wheels I would get 22. There lighter,cheaper and most important they wont rub.

Jonathon K

Yeah but you have no protection with those tires just watch out for pot holes those big wheels ain't cheap my buddy bent the shit out of his 24 and he hit a small hole don't forget how heavy your truck is. If I could go back to when I bought my wheels I would get 22. There lighter,cheaper and most important they wont rub.

Haha....hmm you would get 22's???I had 22's on my SS before i got my 24's...im not sure why you would go back to 22's that makes no sense to me? For one your wheels are beautiful, why would u wan tto go smaller...For two, i had 305/45's on my 22's and I have 305/35's on my 24's...my 22's were 32.8'' tall, my 24's are 32.4'' tall.....as lonng as your careful because the tires are a lower series, and you dont hit pot holes or rub curbs, then youll be fine....its worth the look trust me, your truck looks killer....in fact your truck is the basis on my desicion for lowering mine.....

jk

Archived