Went From Magnaflows To Flowmasters

mbarnes

so heres the story. when i first got my truck i took it to the local shop and had my stock muffler cut out and two magnaflows put in and it sounded great almost 5.0 like. then of course i got the bug to keep modding the truck and got a set of pacesetter lts. i put them in and cut out the cats. it sounded like chit really poppy and raspy. so i cut off the tail pipes and dumped the magnas at the muffler. this got rid of 90% of the rasp but still not great sounding. so a friend of mine gave me a set of 40 series flowmaster that he had on his racecar. i cut off the magnas and replaced w/ the flowmasters. now ive finally got the sound ive been wanting. sounds great w/ the lope of the cam at idle and nice and deep at acceleration. no popping at shift changes and the rasp is all gone. the only down side is i have quite a bit more in cab noise w/ the flowmasters which doesnt bother me at all. just thought id put this out there for all the others who are not happy w/ how thier exhaust is set up.

I had flowmasters (3" 44 series) with no cats and pacesetters and it sounding awsome. It resinated in the cab to bad because the idiot I had run my exhuast out the rear had cut them off and moved the mufflers under the cab. So I took them off and installed a Gibson cat back system. It has the raspy sound you were talking about, I dont like it either and going to put go back to the Flowmasters but installed the way I want them done,

i love my flowmasters on my truck, but they do kill bottom end performance. i'm not at the track every weekend and i'm not trying to crack into the 11s, so really no need to switch for me.

lets hear a clip though

ill try to get a sound clip up soon. as far as the bottom end i cant tell a difference i really cant see a set of mufflers having that much effect on the bottom end thats what the stall if for anyway.

funny everyone says that flowmasters kill bottom end, when i had all my mods and had my flowmasters, i would nail the accelerator and truck would fall flat on its face, i upgraded to a 3" round 14" magnaflow and gained it all back, then i had a lot of friends in the performance mods tell me to run the dynomax cuz its dyno proven, i was about to go dynomax, but got some corsa instead. best exhaust ive ever had in my life, id go with corsa in everything i ever own now, hands down

funny everyone says that flowmasters kill bottom end, when i had all my mods and had my flowmasters, i would nail the accelerator and truck would fall flat on its face, i upgraded to a 3" round 14" magnaflow and gained it all back, then i had a lot of friends in the performance mods tell me to run the dynomax cuz its dyno proven, i was about to go dynomax, but got some corsa instead. best exhaust ive ever had in my life, id go with corsa in everything i ever own now, hands down

Corsa's top notch shit.

corsa sport or touring?