More Tranny Problems

Thats awesome Zip, I'm just about done with the truck, just have to install the new cooler lines, dust cover, shift cable bracket, drive shafts and reflash with the new segmented tune. i should be able to get this done this weekend. I'll keep everyone updated.

Cody

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, tranny is in and running, I have only driven it abou 35 miles and still ahev to tweak the tune a little (shift points). I will say, this tranny shifts awesome without even modifying line pressure. All in all this wasn't a difficult swap, just time consuming. I would recommend it for anyone running higher HP...and Hughes did a great job with the tranny.

So, after driving it for a few more hours this morning, I've gotta say I love this tranny. I never adjusted the line pressures and it shift quicker, and firmer than my 65E with the line pressures raised. I did shorten the shift times and adjusted my shift points but thats it...The only thing that I am noticing is that when I am in 3rd gear and have moderate throttle applied, around 3k rpm's I get a loud whistle that will drop off at about 3100 rpm's...I can't pin point where it is coming from so I don't know if it's the tranny, pulley, clutch fan or whatever else could be making that kind of noise. I will let you all know if/when I find out what the noise is...

• 2 weeks later...