Help Me Decide

36 members have voted

1. 1. what color should i do?

• dark grey
    • gloss black
    • bright silver

When I bought my Cobalt the distasteful person before me had media blasted and painted the wheels due to the factory clear coming off. Now I am left with something that looked like Helen Keller painted them with her head up Ray Charles' a....never mind. Anywho, I am kicking around the idea of gloss black, however I wonder how long before the "murdered out " trend will last. Then i was thinking dark grey would be a nice contrast to the black body, or i could go back with a factory-ish silver color. Please help me decide, and if you post your answer, please feel free to add reasoning why..I'm also open to other suggestions as well. Thanks for your input.

Shaun

here is the beast in question :crackup:

cobalt.jpg

I've seen a number of black Corvettes with what they call the "Competition Gray" wheel option. They look sharp. Might give you some help choosing. Here's a link to a some pictures...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2602029-black-grandsport-with-competition-gray-wheels-pics.html

By the way, I think they look better in person than in pictures. Just my opinion. :)

I've seen a number of black Corvettes with what they call the "Competition Gray" wheel option. They look sharp. Might give you some help choosing. Here's a link to a some pictures...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2602029-black-grandsport-with-competition-gray-wheels-pics.html

By the way, I think they look better in person than in pictures. Just my opinion. :)

Thats exactly what i was thinking Hank, similar to the "magnesium" wheels on the z06

iamwithstupid.gif

I love the black on black look but the above picture of the Cobalt talked me out of it. I would go a nice really dark grey. If you ever get less bulky looking rims then I definitely say black though.

• 2 weeks later...

Orange!! Permanent halloween status YO!! LOL

J/K... black... but dont go flat b/c then it just looks like you cheaped out and rattle canned it. Have them painted right - prime, base, clear.

My opinion on this matter might be a tad biased given my vehicle history :D

_DSC0860.jpg

DSC_5394.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i wouold do black...sureee some people say the MURDERED OUT look is played out...but to me its about whatever looks good...i still love that look..in now one did it..or everyone did it..it just looks good to me!

honesty i would powder coat them if u can..its tougher then paint..but paint will hold up good..ive got a guy around me who will powdercoat all for wheels for like $120..which is alot better then the 3 to 400 most places want..he just coats the face..but thats fine with me

anyways i think black would look best..then gray would look better then stock too

I'm thinking a dark grey but black would look good too, i wonder what white would look like?

Ever consider taking the wing off?

Im going to eventually do the dark grey. and yes I have considered taking the wing off, but it would ruin the whole "cheerleader" image i am trying to pull off