Time To Due Brakes This Week (Need Good Advice)

redrocker

Hello, right front pad went this morning.So, what is the SMART and ( Budget) way to go, and improve the stopping power.

I have done some home work. EBC geen pads ? What style and make rotors ebc /power slots/ or what about the ssbc 14' re-locating brake kit? I just want to due or invest the smart way and STOP better.Tied of getting to close to re-ending some body in front of me who makes a Bad driving error. If tou went with the ssbc kit will the stock calipers work properly with the larger rotors.Thanks Jeff

Edited by redrocker (see edit history)

I had good luck with the PowerSlot + kit, they were the 14” rotors with relocation brackets and they held up well. I also used the Hawk ceramic pads and also felt they worked well without too much dusting. A lot of people don’t like the Hawk’s at all and feel they dust entirely too much and some have issues with brake noise. I never did, maybe I was lucky and maybe I bedded them in slightly different, who knows. I’ve never used any of the SSBC products, so I can’t say one way or another how their fitment or quality is, but I would imagine they are comparable to the others available. While I’ve also never used them, quite a few people say the Posi Quiet Ceramic pads from Centric work well, as do the EBC Greenstuff 7000 series pads.

I had good luck with the PowerSlot + kit, they were the 14" rotors with relocation brackets and they held up well. I also used the Hawk ceramic pads and also felt they worked well without too much dusting. A lot of people don't like the Hawk's at all and feel they dust entirely too much and some have issues with brake noise. I never did, maybe I was lucky and maybe I bedded them in slightly different, who knows. I've never used any of the SSBC products, so I can't say one way or another how their fitment or quality is, but I would imagine they are comparable to the others available. While I've also never used them, quite a few people say the Posi Quiet Ceramic pads from Centric work well, as do the EBC Greenstuff 7000 series pads.

Thanks, sounds like you have a different set up now, do you? Did you run the stock calipers? Or up-grade ? on the plus rotor kit.

Thanks, sounds like you have a different set up now, do you? Did you run the stock calipers? Or up-grade ? on the plus rotor kit.

When I had the PowerSlot + set-up on my truck, I just had the stock calipers as well. They worked OK and sort of got the job done, but experienced the same issues that a lot of GM truck owners have, the half-assed mushy peddle. I have since swapped to the Vette Z06 calipers and 15" rotors. They work well and were about all I could afford being able to purchase a little at a time. If I had the cash to drop in one lump sum, I would have definitely loved and would recommend a set of Wilwood's.