Spectre Intake

so i just put the full spectre cold air intake on the silverado. can i say amazing. 1st) it was $120 shipped vs. over $300 for a k&n. 2nd) the sound of the engine and exhaust togather are just heavenly. 3rd) i can definitely feel the increase in the acceleration! just wanted to let everyone know how i was very impressed with the system and how it all came togather if anyone was in the market for a cold air intake....

Thanks. It's stainless expanded steel that was easy to bend around the filter and allows it to still breathe while keeping out the big bugs and all.

You're screen looks cool! I have this same CAI, bought it because they are much cheaper, been having problems keeping the filter on, even used a socket and ratchet to tightnen the clamp, slips off the tapered plastic spacer/adapter piece. Ready to junk it and buy a K&N.

hmm, i've only had mine on for a little over a week but everything is still tight and where its supposed to be. maybe you put something on backwards or some thing. like the rubber sleeve that goes in front of the air intake senser

You're screen looks cool! I have this same CAI, bought it because they are much cheaper, been having problems keeping the filter on, even used a socket and ratchet to tightnen the clamp, slips off the tapered plastic spacer/adapter piece. Ready to junk it and buy a K&N.

• 5 weeks later...

hmm, i've only had mine on for a little over a week but everything is still tight and where its supposed to be. maybe you put something on backwards or some thing. like the rubber sleeve that goes in front of the air intake senser

Scooter I noticed the same thing with mine the other day. I've had it since april an havent had a problem since now. Just tightened it back up an seems good to go. Sin's how difficult was it to paint the intake tube?

It was really simple. It's actually powder coated silver as a base. I scuffed that up and put blue metallic paint over it with 3 coats of clear. I don't have the correct body color paint for it so with some trial and error I got the color to match pretty close.