Need Some Job Advice.

sdimedude

I have been a maintenance tech for a apartment community for the past 7 years. I like the job and know how to repair and install all sorts of things. Before this job I was a tech for a HVAC company. I even went to school for HVACR. I love repairing things and making things and have loved it since I was a kid. I feel like the company I am currently working for has nothing else to offer me and I don't see myself retiring working for apartments. I am a very technical guy and take pride in my work and I can learn very quickly. So the question is what type of jobs do you think I could get myself into? I know I have training in HVACR, but I don't want to get back into that. I can go back to school if needed. Right now I am making roughly $36,000 a year and I want to make at least another $10,000 over that without being in a Supervisor position.

Thank you,

David

I have been a maintenance tech for a apartment community for the past 7 years. I like the job and know how to repair and install all sorts of things. Before this job I was a tech for a HVAC company. I even went to school for HVACR. I love repairing things and making things and have loved it since I was a kid. I feel like the company I am currently working for has nothing else to offer me and I don't see myself retiring working for apartments. I am a very technical guy and take pride in my work and I can learn very quickly. So the question is what type of jobs do you think I could get myself into? I know I have training in HVACR, but I don't want to get back into that. I can go back to school if needed. Right now I am making roughly $36,000 a year and I want to make at least another $10,000 over that without being in a Supervisor position.

Thank you,

David

what about working for a HVAC company? don't they make pretty good money. If not you could work for a HVAC company while starting your own HVAC business

Time to start job hunting if you aren't sure there is a future there, explore some other opportunities within your field, and be sure to get your resume out there! Also, don't cut off your nose despite your face, make sure you have something lined up before you leave your current job....