Dynatech Header + Highflow Cats = Cel?

Hey guys! I installed my long tubes 2 years ago with high flow cats and about 6 months after installing them... I started getting a couple check engine lights.

I have been very reluctant to fix the issue because it really has not affected how the truck drives. However it idles badly some times.

In the past I have had P0430 pop up a lot (I clear it with a scanner about once a week). But lately I just got P0420 which is Bank 1 (and P0430 is Bank 2). So I'm guessing that these cats may not be too great? Obviously they are not stock so I should not be surprised by this.

My question is, does anyone else have experience with this problem?

Thanks!

I had a similar issue, turns out my passenger side cat was starting to melt, which bothered me a bit since the kit is somewhat expensive. Solution.....punch them out and have your tuner delete the codes.....problem solved. :D

You tuned for the headers when you installed them 2 years ago right?

I must agreed with above. I too have the Dynatech long tubes but cat-less intermediate pipes. I tried an O2 spacer for a while but after clearing codes every week a simple call to my tuner fixed all of it. Apparently its a pretty common and easy fix for those guys. For your cats, if you don't want to punch them out, Dynatech sells Cat-less intermediate pipes... try selling your cats on ebay or scrapping them? I know when I did mine, my local scrap guy gave me $100 for each cat... not bad