Michelin Ltx Goodyear Eagle V Or Bf Goodrich Kdw Ii

mattman

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of centerlines rims and need help on a new set of tires for my 2005 AWD SS. Only have 46K miles on the truck and as my first set of stock tires Goodyear Eagle LS fell apart at 15K miles I was able to get a set of LS2 under warranty. I have never been impressed with the Goodyears and have read this forum to see what other guys recommend. All my driving is on the street in the arizona area and I was just going to put a set of Michelin LTX M/S 2 on and call it a day. I have had good luck with Michelin's in the past finding them to wear longer and ride better then other brands but wonder if they are a good choice for best performance- straight-line traction, cornering and such.

There is a new Goodyear Eagle GT V rated tire at the stock size - 275/55R20 - they are calling Ulta High Performance all season that has a dual-zone asymmetric tread design. I wonder if any of you guys can give input on this tire as a alternative to the Michelin and a BF Goodrich g-force T/A KDW II I here some members like very much at 285/55R20 - I could use input on this tire as well.

My goal is to get the overall weight down per wheel by using the centerlines and put some tires on that give the best performance for daily driving and on a few occasions were I want to push the truck a bit will handle more aggressive driving

• 2 weeks later...

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of centerlines rims and need help on a new set of tires for my 2005 AWD SS. Only have 46K miles on the truck and as my first set of stock tires Goodyear Eagle LS fell apart at 15K miles I was able to get a set of LS2 under warranty. I have never been impressed with the Goodyears and have read this forum to see what other guys recommend. All my driving is on the street in the arizona area and I was just going to put a set of Michelin LTX M/S 2 on and call it a day. I have had good luck with Michelin's in the past finding them to wear longer and ride better then other brands but wonder if they are a good choice for best performance- straight-line traction, cornering and such.

There is a new Goodyear Eagle GT V rated tire at the stock size - 275/55R20 - they are calling Ulta High Performance all season that has a dual-zone asymmetric tread design. I wonder if any of you guys can give input on this tire as a alternative to the Michelin and a BF Goodrich g-force T/A KDW II I here some members like very much at 285/55R20 - I could use input on this tire as well.

My goal is to get the overall weight down per wheel by using the centerlines and put some tires on that give the best performance for daily driving and on a few occasions were I want to push the truck a bit will handle more aggressive driving

Wow I thought this forum was more active - no replies - did I put this in the wrong spot or has no one had any experience with these tires?

I guess everyone is out driving their trucks. I really don't like the looks of the Michelin for these trucks even though I have had them on other vehicles and they are a good tire. I favor Goodyears but the GT Ultra Performance seems to be more for sports cars from what I read on them. So I vote for the BFG.

I have the LS2 on my truck after cutting one of the original tires. And I had to buy them at around $150 each .

I_655102_CL_1.jpg

you could GIVE me goodyears for free, and they would go on ebay...not my truck...

I would go Michelin...

I have 168k on my truck...3rd set of tires...i am running pirelli atr radials and love them...just thought the michelins where a little pricey to put on my million mile truck ;)

Edited by cadillacbob (see edit history)

I guess everyone is out driving their trucks. I really don't like the looks of the Michelin for these trucks even though I have had them on other vehicles and they are a good tire. I favor Goodyears but the GT Ultra Performance seems to be more for sports cars from what I read on them. So I vote for the BFG.

I have the LS2 on my truck after cutting one of the original tires. And I had to buy them at around $150 each .

Thanks for your input on the tire choices - FYI my original Goodyear LS set had two failures at 15K miles so the dealer swapped them out with LS2's - and I replaced the other two with LS2 I purchased at Discount Tire. At 30K on the LS2 with plenty of tread left one of my sidewalls gave out so I am swapping the whole set - I think the BFG are great but more for street/strip application so I am going with the Michelin LTX - I will post what I experience with these tires so the forum members can get some insight on how the ride and handle compared to the goodyears - regards Matt

I_655102_CL_1.jpg

My original Goodyear LS tires now have about 33,000 on them and they're starting to look pretty worn. Edges always wore, but I kept the pressures under check and rotated every 10,000 miles and they wore evenly, it's just that they are getting really close to the wear indicators. I'm still running my stock rims and have been looking for custom rims since my SS was new in 2003. I can't find any I think look good enough to drop the bucks on....

.... as far as tires go, the only tires Goodyear has that I would even consider putting on is the Eagle GT you're referring to. Tirerack.com has them listed for around 170.00 each and they have a higher tread wear rating than the stock Eagle LS did. I never liked the looks of the LS2 Eagles and that's where I stand on the subject....

What Centerlines are you considering? I really like the way they are made.... very quality wheel and strong, just not as stylish as I'd like. Post a pic of your choice in wheel if you can!

Later...

David