Noise From The New Shackles

So i put my McGaughy's 2"drop shackles in yesterday with the torsion drop in the front. No new keys, just drop the stockers down. I went for a drive around the block to re-check height, and make sure everything tightend down afterwards and everything is good and even. When leaving my house this morning for work theres a lot of moans and groans coming from the rear suspension. It doesnt sound like a shock, but just the leaf springs making noise when i go over and bump or rough road. I got to work and hopped up on the bumper and gave the ole heeve ho up and down a couple times and its a very noticeable noise. Now ive heard people talking about how the new shackles will "settle", so is this anything i should worry about? i looked under the truck, brackets and all hardware look good, nothing loose, so am i good?

So i put my McGaughy's 2"drop shackles in yesterday with the torsion drop in the front. No new keys, just drop the stockers down. I went for a drive around the block to re-check height, and make sure everything tightend down afterwards and everything is good and even. When leaving my house this morning for work theres a lot of moans and groans coming from the rear suspension. It doesnt sound like a shock, but just the leaf springs making noise when i go over and bump or rough road. I got to work and hopped up on the bumper and gave the ole heeve ho up and down a couple times and its a very noticeable noise. Now ive heard people talking about how the new shackles will "settle", so is this anything i should worry about? i looked under the truck, brackets and all hardware look good, nothing loose, so am i good?

2 things come to mind. First thing is, Did you tighten it all up while the truck was jacked in the air? I've always installed the shackle then let the truck down before tightening it all up. Second thing is, Did you overtighten the shacks bolts? That sounds silly but a 2002 GMC I lowered once was this way. I tightened it all up and the owner took it home and put a cheater bar on his wrench and damn near collapsed the shackle. He always had a squeak when there was any imperfection in the road. We loosened it up and jumped on the bed and the squeak was gone so we lightly tightened it again.

Hope that helps.

I did let it down before tightening everything, but there is a chance i overtightened. Me and a buddy cranked on them with quite a large breaker bar for the last couple rotations. I'll loosen them up when i get home today and see what happens. Do you know if there is torque specs for those bolts?