Help? Oil Spaying Out Of Dipstick

Well today I got on it racing a SSR and smelt burning oil didn't think anything of it just got on it again and smelt oil again got home open hood oil all over headers and plugs the bracket broke of my dipstick that was holding it in place and oil was spraying out of the holes where the bracket was connected is it normal for oil to travel up the dipstick or do I have issues I fixed the whole?

Well I fixed the holes in the dipstick last night. So this morning tryed it out to see if it would come out the top of dip stick or blow the dip stick off. Brought the truck up to 8 psi and nothing happen no oil shot out and the dipstick didn't blow off if anything the truck feels like its running stronger I have no logical reason for this oil gauge is reading fine and there is no ticking in the engine. I'm going to do an oil change today to see if there is anything in the oil filter. Any ideas on maybe what's going on? Someone said that maybe the holes in the dipstick acted like a vaccum and pulled the oil up? Could this be?

How is your PC system (crank case venting) set up? It is common for the blow through systems (procharger, vortec...) to pressurize the case via the PC system if you didn't modify it. Other than that,... blow-by.

No I dont have a vented oil cap the only thing I did was put a a catch can on the line running from the passenger side valve cover and then from the catch can it goes to the procharger, other then that I did nothing to the system. Also change out oil, the oil was clean no metal in the filter or on the magnet on the end of the plug.

Edited by RedSSCT (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...