New Guy Here From Sw Michigan

hey all, looks like a great site here! I am picking up a 2003 AWD SS tomorrow and i am pumped up. I have a 1994 2WD Silverado that I have been building for years (owned since 1998) and I am buying this SS for a great all year vehicle. I have plans to drive it quite a bit, thru winter and all that good stuff. This truck comes with a set of A/T's mounted on different rims so it should do well. I am also hoping to get into the dunes just to move my drag bike around, do u see me having any problems with that?

I have been a part of BansheeHQ.com for years and have a great reputation there and I am also a site sponsor. Check out my site below, if there is enough interest for me to begin making custom fabbed parts the the SSS community maybe I can sponsor here soon as well!

Anyways, here is my SS to be and my 94 Silverado! Look forward to meeting you guys and leaning from this forum.

2003 AWD SS, picking up tomorrow. Its in great shape, once I drove it I had to have it lol.

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

Picture4.jpg

Picture3.jpg

Picture2.jpg

1994 Silverado. Built 357 Chevy (I did myself 2 years ago) I will post details later. 4.10 gears and a built 700R4. I love this truck and drive it daily.

This was in 2001, I was 17yrs old. Truck got stolen and i lost the 20's but the truck was found... I then built a strong motor and kept the stock rims (which i love) its more of a hot rod look now.

MyDubs.jpg

Today:

IMG_5149.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

DSCF0144.jpg

DSCF0141.jpg

DSCF0140.jpg

DSCF0139.jpg

DSCF0135.jpg

DSCF0123.jpg

Welcome you have 2 good looking trucks!

Thanks man, the 94 has been such an awesome truck for me... Hope the SS is just as good to me.

welcome. Detroit here. Glad there are more MI guys turinign up. We sometimes goto martin to race or milan, but you are welcome to comeout anytime.

Awesome, yea seems to be quite a bit of MI people here. That's awesome. I don't plan on modding the SS too much, its going to be my everyday vehicle, towing, etc... I'm sure time will change that!

Thanks man, the 94 has been such an awesome truck for me... Hope the SS is just as good to me.

I don't plan on modding the SS too much, its going to be my everyday vehicle, towing, etc... I'm sure time will change that!

That won't last long judging by your other truck it will only be a matter of time. Welcome to the site Jackson, Mi here +1 to the MI clan I seen that truck on CL looks clean :thumbs:

Edited by rojo_143 (see edit history)

Welcome to the site! cheers.gif

Thanks!

where at in michigan by the way?

also..are u on silverlakeforum.com ?

I live in Union, MI about 45 min south of Kzoo. I go tothe dunes at least a few times each summer to rip the Banshees.. DO u think I can get this truck out there or what? lol see you out there!

I think I am on silverlakeforum but I spend my time at BansheeHQ.com mostly

welcome to the site cheers.gif

Glad to be here!

That won't last long judging by your other truck it will only be a matter of time. Welcome to the site Jackson, Mi here +1 to the MI clan I seen that truck on CL looks clean thumb.gif

HA HA!! MY other truck will be recievingthe attention and the SS will see more of the miles and weather.. Will still be obsessivley clean I can tell u that lol... Thanks, that Z71 black truck was a good truck. I sold it to help pay for the SS, I cant wait to play with the AWD this winter :)

HA HA!! MY other truck will be recievingthe attention and the SS will see more of the miles and weather.. Will still be obsessivley clean I can tell u that lol... Thanks, that Z71 black truck was a good truck. I sold it to help pay for the SS, I cant wait to play with the AWD this winter smile.gif

Yeah they are a lot of fun in the winter time!!! the hardest part is stoppin the surface rust!!! my truck has only been through 1 full michigan winter and the frame has a crap load of surface rust on it. Prior to here it went through 3 main winter and still looke brand new. DAMN SALT!!!!

Yeah they are a lot of fun in the winter time!!! the hardest part is stoppin the surface rust!!! my truck has only been through 1 full michigan winter and the frame has a crap load of surface rust on it. Prior to here it went through 3 main winter and still looke brand new. DAMN SALT!!!!

Well the frame has recieved the POR treatment, so I have high hopes for it. Ill keep a close watch.. I want this truck to last me and stay mint.

Nice ride. Good to see more Michigan SSS's coming around. Part of me misses that state.

For sure, I love Michigan and will never leave.

Welcome to the site, looks like a nice truck! pepsicheer.gif

Thanks man, I'm pretty excited I went the SS route rather than a Z71. It will do everything I need it to and be a lot more fun that the regular silverado.

to answer your question about if u can make it around....YES with out a dought....air down your tires to like 10psi in the front and 8psi in the rear..and u will pretty much be able to go anywhere you want on the dunes... i dont see any reason u cant make it up test hill even.. manual down shift in to first right as u get to the start of the hill... and pinn it..and u should make it up no problem...i take my work truck up there alot...its a ford..im sad to say..but i can get around most anywhere in 2wd with just the help of some 31in mtz tires :)