Brake Problem

ok on and off my truck has been having the same problems. i have talked to two dealers and about 5823789235 mechanics and no one knows whats wrong. all 4 of my brakes were being applied while i was driving and staying on. now it seems like the two fronts are doing it more. i have to pretty much give it a ton of gas just to drive. i let off it stops itself and doesnt budge. also when i go to hit the brakes i have a rock hard peddle. and the brakes do not work that well like i have to stand on them to do anything. sounds like two dif problems. the hard peddle has to be a master cylinder or booster problem but the dealer says no. i already replaced the abs valve/motor as recommended by both dealers and that is not it. any help or anyone with similar issues?

Well, I would focus on the Master Cylinder myself. If the MC piston does not return all the way when you take your foot off the brakes, it will hold the line pressure causing a stiff pedal and the brakes to be applied even though you are not physically pushing the pedal. If this is the cause and you replace the MC, I would take the receipts from the ABS fixes the dealer told you to do and politely ask for reimbursement. :censor:

BTW Rob, how are things?

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

well it was my choice to buy, try and replace the abs unit. thats what everyone seemed to lean towards so i have to eat that. none of the autoparts list a CJ3 brake system master cylinder for my truck. should be the same as any 1500 right? its not the heavy duty brake system. and it doesnt have hydroboost like the stupid dealers are telling me it has. the piston is returning. i pulled it off and checked it out. i just removed my vacuum reservoir and bypassed it to the booster. i got normal brakes again. but every time i do something they seem to be fine for a little while and then the problems come back. so we will see. i wasnt sure if anyone had a similar issue.