Hid Headlights For Our Trucks

90zxdriver

I have been googling and crawling through Ebay trying to find a plain, simple hid headlight (probably projector?) for our trucks so I can add HIDS. I see some people have done custom projector housings with projector lenses from other cars but that's not really what I'm looking to do since it's a lot of work and very time consuming.

I know if you just add hids to halogen headlights there are all kids of glare and pattern spread problems. I founds hundred of "HID projector" housings on ebay but they all have leds or those halo rings on them and I'm not convinced of the quality.

I just want a plain, simple HID headlight assembly, preferably with out the amber lenses. Does any company make these?

I have been googling and crawling through Ebay trying to find a plain, simple hid headlight (probably projector?) for our trucks so I can add HIDS. I see some people have done custom projector housings with projector lenses from other cars but that's not really what I'm looking to do since it's a lot of work and very time consuming.

I know if you just add hids to halogen headlights there are all kids of glare and pattern spread problems. I founds hundred of "HID projector" housings on ebay but they all have leds or those halo rings on them and I'm not convinced of the quality.

I just want a plain, simple HID headlight assembly, preferably with out the amber lenses. Does any company make these?

i have ddm tuning 55w 8k color HIDs in my truck and my pattern is the same if not better. imo you get more light output with the factory housings than going projectors.

i have HIDs and black covers on headlights,reduce alot of the glare and i can see at night

I think I have the same headlight covers but my headlights are hardly visible through them. Do you have any pics? Where are your HIDs from?

So I can just add the HID kit to my stock headlamps? What about glare, beam pattern, cut-off point, ect because these headlamps are not designed for HIDs?

I really don't like the projector look but I thought I would have to get them because I couldn't find anything else that said it was for HIDs.

McMahan, what did you do for your high-beams and DRL's?

So I can just add the HID kit to my stock headlamps? What about glare, beam pattern, cut-off point, ect because these headlamps are not designed for HIDs?

I really don't like the projector look but I thought I would have to get them because I couldn't find anything else that said it was for HIDs.

both high and low beams are DDM HID 8K and DRL's are PIAA. i actually had to adjust my headlight all the way down cause ppl were flashing me all the time lol but i can see every thing. the stock housing is ok for HID's mine was plug and play the only problem i had was finding a good place for the balast. IMO i think you get the best results with the stock housings

if you want me to get some nite shots in side the SS i ll send them to ya

DRL

SDC10068.jpg

Edited by McMahan (see edit history)

all you need is the 9006 kit 55w or 35w, and if your doing highs the 9005. i have the 55w in both lows and my fogs, high i didnt see the need. i didnt have any glare, the beam pattern was the same as stock, and it lights up the road 3x's more than factory

post-19930-127948994387_thumb.jpg

post-19930-127948996028_thumb.jpg

Edited by chevy vmax (see edit history)

I have high and low hid's and because of the warm up time I don't use the highs that much but they come in handy... like on a back road late at night, where there's lots of deer(just hit one last year).

But I tell ya.. It's just like driving in the day time. If you only look straight ahead at the road in front of you... you won't know the difference.

Edited by paulguy (see edit history)

no melting of the headlamp issues so far with the 55w kits?

ive had them in my truck for 3 months now and no melting. cheers.gifthumb.gif

but.......... the bulbs did go out once and so did the ballast. but lifetime warranty im not worried i drive down the street to there warehouse and exchange them

Edited by chevy vmax (see edit history)

I just got the Rinkensport 6000k HID's from WICKEDOWESIX back in April and I love em, think I paid $140. for each set. I also upgraded to the quad beams, they are bright as F%$#, and no problems with melting lenses, pretty much just plug and play, and mounting the ballast was simple, well worth the $