Painting Stock Silver Wheel Centers

busterz

Has anyone removed the "clear plastic coated sticker" in the middle stock wheel centers? I'm painting my stock sliver wheels satin black and the clear plastic coating over the bow tie stickers has bubbled, Water get trapped behind them and has turned the aluminium color to white (looks real crappy). I want to paint the centers satin black also but dont want to paint over the middle section in its present condition - there are scratches and bubbled areas and it would look bad if just painted over as is. So far I've peeled off the clear where it has loosened from the aluminiun. Considering trying to sand one next.

i sanded mine...also i strongly suggest powder coating ur rims.....then u wont have to repaint em later

Sanded 1st center last night - thanks it worked well. Just had to sand off all the clear coating to get the middle smooth enough for primer.

I'm only painting for now to be sure I like the satin black on my black truck. I really like the satin black on the blue SS's. If I decide to keep the color, it gives me a good enough reason the buy the power coating equipment (already have the oven).