Fuel Mileage And A Procharger

What kind of fuel mileage are you guys getting with your Prochargers? Ive heard some guys claiming to get 19 and 20 mpg on the interstate. I personally think that is icon_bs.gif ! I know that more power means less fuel mileage but i couldnt get 19 mpg down hill with a tail wind in neutral. I am running a p1 with 9 lbs of boost and average 11.8 city and just got 15.3 mpg driving 400 miles at 58mph for 90% of that. And thats driving very light footed with the wife and kids in the truck. Is there such a thing as a 19 mpg FI truck????

eddie

I just got back from driving to VA from CT my avg econ was 19. It only took me one tank of gas to get down there. My street fuel mileage is usually around 13. I get better mileage now then before I was supercharged it does better on gas then my dads 5.3. and my avg speed was 70mph I was really impressed.

• 1 month later...

Got a new tune for my truck and can not believe the differnce in power and fuel mileage. The truck doesnt surge in boost like before and im getting 13mpg in town vs. 11.8 like before. I havent been able to make a road trip yet but thats coming soon. The truck feels like it came from the factory ready to haul ass!lol If your not happy with power or fuel mileage you should check your tune. Made a big differnce in my case.

I love getting good milage but I have to drive like my 70 year old grand father haha he drove my truck one and got 100 miles on a quarter tank witch is 6 gallons. It can be depressing when you look at your milage but when you put that pedal down it all goes away.