Ac Problem

dublenut

What's up guys. My blower motor stopped working it cold air comes out of vents when I'm driving but I come to a stop an nothing. I did alittle research an came up that it might be the blower resistor module can anyone let me know where that's at also is there a test I can do to make that is the prob. Thanx

Your symptoms are a telltale sign that the resistor is fried. It isn't hard to change, only takes about 25 minutes or so....

yeah...i want to say thanks for steering me in the right direction yesterday...that was my problem, took about 30 minutes for me and now i have cold air again...so thank you

im a little confused. while you are driving does the blower motor work? and then when you stop it does not blow? or does it not work at all and you can just feel cold air while you are driving? i've got a few things running through my mind right now and the last thing based on what i'm taking from your explanation is the resistor. but we will get it figured out.

im a little confused. while you are driving does the blower motor work? and then when you stop it does not blow? or does it not work at all and you can just feel cold air while you are driving? i've got a few things running through my mind right now and the last thing based on what i'm taking from your explanation is the resistor. but we will get it figured out.

That would be outside air coming in while driving at say 30mph+, in other words the source is fresh air instead of recirculated air......again, I had the exact same issue last year and it was the resistor.

trust me, i understand the concept of fresh air but i'd like more info. just to be sure.

it is just the way the problem was described. once he confirms that the blower is not working at all, and all fuses and relays are good, then yes, condemn the resistor.

im just used to asking drivers these questions everyday, because a lot of times, the more questions you ask, the more details they remember or they didn't mention it before because they didn't think it was relevant.

...also is there a test I can do to make that is the prob. Thanx

getting to that :thumbs:

Edited by WODY™ (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

My fan only works on speeds 3 and 5. I keep hearing about the resistor being the culprit, but how do you fix it? What part do I need to buy? Thanks.

The resistor is a sealed unit that cannot be fixed, it must be replaced. You need a blower resistor module.....

M dad had this very same issue and he took his into the dealer and they told him the blower develops a short and starts overdrawing power. If you only replace the relay, youll continue to have the same problem. Best to replace both blower and relay. His cost $575 for parts and labor.

M dad had this very same issue and he took his into the dealer and they told him the blower develops a short and starts overdrawing power. If you only replace the relay, youll continue to have the same problem. Best to replace both blower and relay. His cost $575 for parts and labor.

That's insanity.......the resistors are a common problem on these trucks, not the blower motors. It doesn't make sense to replace the blower motor unless itself is blown, especially for that kind of money......sounds like the dealer fed him a line of BS to me.....

is there a how to and part #. my truck does the same thing. I turn on the a/c and I feel cool air coming when in traffic and I cant feel cold air until Im moving at speeds. At first I kept thinking it was the tranny cooler since its mounted in front but sounds like a resistor issue.

My dads lost the higher end to the blower. the relay was around $30 he said and the motor was the pricey part, then of course labor. My dad doesnt like to do the work himself, especially if its anything related to electrical. I would definitely do it myself. I dont have his $....lol