285/50 Or 295/45

Deuce426

Hey Everyone,

I have a 05 ecsb 2wd silverado, non ss that has been leveled in the rear with 2" lowering shackles. I may be going the 2/4 route but am undecided at the moment so I'm holding off.

Anyway I'm in the market for tires for a set of stock ss 20's that I'm going to be switching to, and am a little undecided between which size to go with. I know many of you with the SS say go the 305 route, but I really don't want to be concerned with any rubbing, especially if I decide to go lower. So instead I'm looking at the 285/50/20 size, but also read that some run the 295/45's. Now I looked at the calculations in differences, and noticed that the 295's are recommended for a 9.5" rim, when the stock ss rims are only 8.5, has anyone had issues with the oversized tire on the rim, or any bulging? Honestly I'm leaning towards a set of cooper zeon xst's in the 285 size, which will fill a little more gap, and I highly doubt that 295 will net me anything more grip wise. But the 295's are the same overall height as my current wheel/tire setup which is 245/70/17.

Just looking for a little input on either before I go ahead and order something up.

Thanks

Hey Everyone,

I have a 05 ecsb 2wd silverado, non ss that has been leveled in the rear with 2" lowering shackles. I may be going the 2/4 route but am undecided at the moment so I'm holding off.

Anyway I'm in the market for tires for a set of stock ss 20's that I'm going to be switching to, and am a little undecided between which size to go with. I know many of you with the SS say go the 305 route, but I really don't want to be concerned with any rubbing, especially if I decide to go lower. So instead I'm looking at the 285/50/20 size, but also read that some run the 295/45's. Now I looked at the calculations in differences, and noticed that the 295's are recommended for a 9.5" rim, when the stock ss rims are only 8.5, has anyone had issues with the oversized tire on the rim, or any bulging? Honestly I'm leaning towards a set of cooper zeon xst's in the 285 size, which will fill a little more gap, and I highly doubt that 295 will net me anything more grip wise. But the 295's are the same overall height as my current wheel/tire setup which is 245/70/17.

Just looking for a little input on either before I go ahead and order something up.

Thanks

Same truck as yours just an '07 Classic Crew Cab and I'm going with the 295s. I had the 275/55R20 and had a little bit of a rub on the passenger side tire against the sway bar. But with the 3.23 gears that my truck can with, I could use the little lower diameter wheel.