Bangs Off The Line.

I just got my truck back from having the trans and TC fixed and it bangs when I jump on the gas. I brought it in because it was making a banging noise from 1st to 2nd as well as off the line. This was different then the normal shift kit bang. They found the rear planetary was broken and replaced one of the bands. He softened the 1st to 2nd shift since I drive this everyday so it won't break as easily. He also saw a leak at the TC and was going to seal it for me. When he openened it he found a pile of fiberous material in the bottom. He told me everything looked good and it was fom the viscous clutch. He replaced that and sent me on my way.

It no longer bangs when it shifts(probably because it shifts softer now), but it does when I jump on the gas from a standstill. Could this be a bad torque converter? It has a 2800 stall converter that they flushed when it was out. I was told that the breakage in the trans was contained in the pan and didn't make it that far forward.

The other problem I have is that they couldn't get it to idle properly. When you start it up it's fine. When you try to drive it the idle drops to 300-400rpm and sometimes dies when coming to a stop or trying to manuever around a parking lot. They tried a couple things with no luck. Do I just need to keep driving it to relearn idle?

I'm taking it back this week for the banging, but would appreciate any help for me to have this guy check out.

Edited by Merc Dr. (see edit history)

hmm, im having sort of similar issues with mine after a tranny and tc swap. sometimes while turning at low speeds the idle drops very low and sounds like the truck is about to die, and my 1-2 shift even under light throttle is ridiculously hard. thinking it may be somewhat in the tune? i really have no idea but ill be paying attention to this thread for some info

Zach

hmm, im having sort of similar issues with mine after a tranny and tc swap. sometimes while turning at low speeds the idle drops very low and sounds like the truck is about to die, and my 1-2 shift even under light throttle is ridiculously hard. thinking it may be somewhat in the tune? i really have no idea but ill be paying attention to this thread for some info

Zach

You might want to call Wheatly. I sent an IM to Zippy who did my tune, and he told me to call him and he may be able to walk me through the cure. I'm going to do so after I take the truck back to fix the banging/clunking noise. My banging noise is not the normal shift noise. It sounds like something is broken.