Ss Work Truck

tonycillo

just wandering does it bother anyone else when you see a SS going do the road with a lader rack on it and spiled pain on the bed. or one with a camper shell with straches all over the truck with a constuction sticker on the side? bothers the crap out of me!banghead.gif

I saw one today on the road, when I caught up to it it had a 2-3 inch hole about 1/2 inch wide in the tailgate and it was all scratched up, then I got up next to it and saw something hanging down from the front bumper, when I passed it I realized it was the brake duck on that side, barely hanging on, and dragging on the ground. It was sad.

However I do occasionally use my truck to haul a mower, or a ladder, but I'd never put a ladder rack on it, or let paint be spilled on it. And I'll never put a camper shell on it.

Edited by Vaquero (see edit history)

I have friends and family always asking me to barrow my truck because they need to move or haul something and I say "sure no problem just come on by and grab the keys." That's what I have my '88 GMC 1500 for. I tell them the SS is for getting from point A to point B very fast and collecting tickets with. It is a truck, but not a work truck. The only thing that's heavy that goes in the bed are the dirt bikes.

I had to stop by the local lumber store to pickup some door hinges and I had the SS. Some guy parks his SS with lumber rack and boxes right by me. He shouts out "Hay, you have a truck just like mine!" My quick snap back to him "WTF are you talking about, yes, Chevy rolled them off the line in the same fashion and intent however, you chose to waist your money and make into a work truck." He decided to say that his is still as fast as mine. That is when I lead him over and opened the hood to show him the Radix supercharger and asked him do you think its the same. What a tool!

Edited by Blue2003SS (see edit history)