4.3L Is Out 6.0L Is In!

total of 5 weeks to work out alllllll the bugs but now it rocks! the trucks is unbelievable in the 4000 to 6000 rpm range. for those that dont know i got a 2004 lq4 6.0l last august. i spent all winter breaking it down to the block and rebiulding it slowly on the weekends when i was home from college. me and my little brother(16) took our time and learned as we went. this was the first time i ever saw pistons lol as june came up and the sherriffs academy was close i decided i should do it before starting it so i could focus. the old 4.3l came out pretty simple. the hard part that took a week was a v6 truck requires one specific engien mount! i had to go to about 13-14 dealerships before i got the right one! then the fuel system was kinda hard. long story short it now has a z06 corvette setup in it. lol

the engien mods are as follows nothing huge but just enough.

k&n cold air intake

ls6 came/ yellow springs

lpp longtube headers/ORY

corsa touring muffler

160' T-STAT

Black bear tune

oem efans

transgo hd2 shift kit and corvette servo

long tranny cooler

a sick engine cover lol

overall i love the truck now! the only thing im trying to work on is the raspy exhaust im thinkn tailpies or highflow cats???

newengine009.jpg

newengine008.jpg

newengine006.jpg

newengine002.jpg

newengine003.jpg

newengine004.jpg

newengine001.jpg

newengine005.jpg

video sucks ill try to get a better one!

th_newengine012.jpg

that is crazy! i was just thinking of selling the SS and buying a 2002 reg cab reg bed.(hope for blown motor) find a 6.0 and go to town on it. get cladding and bumper badges. and wrap it vinyl wrapping it black.