My Truck Just Died On Me

Alright sad day for my truck. I was driving along and I hit the the gas from a stop then I heard like crackling metal to metal noise not loud but I heard it. Then it dies soon as it was about to shift into second gear. And when I tried to start it it clicks and lights fade out and drains battery real quick. So now it clicks which comes from starter but nothing moves. It does have a charger and my tranny is stock. I have no clue where to check at.

Alright sad day for my truck. I was driving along and I hit the the gas from a stop then I heard like crackling metal to metal noise not loud but I heard it. Then it dies soon as it was about to shift into second gear. And when I tried to start it it clicks and lights fade out and drains battery real quick. So now it clicks which comes from starter but nothing moves. It does have a charger and my tranny is stock. I have no clue where to check at.

Have you check your engine oil latley?

Sounds like your engine blew up from what you describe.... Did you look at the oil pressure gauge at all when it used to run or check the oil? Sounds like its time for a rebuild, are you in Alaska I might be able to look at it if you want. Maybe drain the oil and see what comes out.

Sounds like your engine blew up from what you describe.... Did you look at the oil pressure gauge at all when it used to run or check the oil? Sounds like its time for a rebuild, are you in Alaska I might be able to look at it if you want. Maybe drain the oil and see what comes out.

yea come check it out. You know any shops that are good in town for the job

This probably isn't going to be any help as I've no experience but my prior vehicle did something similar, I pulled out fine, went down the street and turned and as I gave it some gas I heard grinding as it shifted into second and I pulled over, cut it off, wouldnt cut back on...just a clicking noise....replaced the distributor cap and the other part to it which fixed it.

Alright my truck is going to the shop for further inspection. So guys what would be my options for the rebuild or should i go out and find a new motor? im still gonna put the whipple on it and what do i upgrade to help support it? and what cam can i put in it without doing a major tune with it.

• 4 weeks later...

well two shops said the motor seized up...dammit... options is to rebuild it or install a new crate motor?

if i take it to shop an get it rebuilt what should i put in there valvetrain, pistons etc.to support the charger.

3500 is what most shops quoted for rebuild.

i only have a few grand to spend on upgrades

?

• 2 weeks later...

well started pulling the motor this weekend and its almost out.

So plans with the motor is up it to a 408 and run my charger on it again and with maybe a 50 or 100 shot with it. with a custom grind cam with.

So with trannys whats the best way of making it handle all this new power?

well started pulling the motor this weekend and its almost out.

So plans with the motor is up it to a 408 and run my charger on it again and with maybe a 50 or 100 shot with it. with a custom grind cam with.

So with trannys whats the best way of making it handle all this new power?

daym that sucks.. but cool at the same time haha. Who's doing the work bro?

408 stroker and leave it alone. lol. 3500 for a stock rebuild is a MAJOR rip off. u can pull another motor from a used truck with 30-100k miles anywhere from 600-2000$. and u know u can trust that motor rather than a regular shop to rebuilt a motor especially with a blower on it.

if it were me and i had the money, i would do a forged 370 for boost and for raw n/a power a 408.