Headers

ReDSiLvYSS

I need to replace the cats in my truck. Id like to do headers... L/T of course. Whats a good brand to go with? And as far as the cats go... I dont care... L/T high flow combo or L/T no cats? What would be a cost effective also? and will it throw anycodes?

thank you

Theres several choices you can go with for headers. Pacesetter and LPP are fairly cost effective, around 500 for Headers and y-pipe. You could also look into a set of ARH or Dynatech headers if you want to spend a little more coin. Anything that is coated or stainless i think youll be happy with. Stay away from painted headers.

Zach

http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=650&catid=20

What does anyone think of this setup? offroad y pipes not have cats, then? Will this be a direct bolt on with the stock exhaust?

anybody have any comments on the obx?

Can i have some part numbers for the pacesetters and y pipe?

thank you

http://texas-speed.c...id=650&catid=20

What does anyone think of this setup? offroad y pipes not have cats, then? Will this be a direct bolt on with the stock exhaust?

anybody have any comments on the obx?

Can i have some part numbers for the pacesetters and y pipe?

thank you

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65288

i dont think so, i did w\out the y pipe and strait piped all the way back......what r ur plans for the truck if u r gonna do F\I u shoud just do duals all the way....also the truck will sound a lil funny IMO w\out cats im puttin high flows in cause it sounds funny to me a certain rpm's also give him a call u prob have faster response

Edited by bruiser04 (see edit history)

yes ther is alot of complete kits but they r not that cheap.....also i wouldnt do the tb spacer alot of people on here say that it doesnt do anything and it a waist of money,also ditch the programmer and get a pcm tune and it will wake ur truck up!!! also if u delete ur cats ur CEL will come on, idk if the same is true with high flows though but u can have ur tuner (whomever u choose) delet the codes for th o2 sensors

Ok since i have no emission tests i can delete the cats. Then buy those pacesetters and the y pipe. bolt it to the stock exhaust and i good to go? Sorry im asking so many questions i just want to have everything and no extra cost that i wasnt expecting.

thanks for the info

Ok since i have no emission tests i can delete the cats. Then buy those pacesetters and the y pipe. bolt it to the stock exhaust and i good to go? Sorry im asking so many questions i just want to have everything and no extra cost that i wasnt expecting.

thanks for the info

i dont know bout that my guess is no

• 2 weeks later...

If you get the pacesetters some of your choice are to buy just the headers and cut off your stock cats connect them to your stock Y pipe which might get a little tricky just because the pacesetter collectors are 3in and the stock exhaust piping is 2.75in (im pretty sure) so youd have to figure out a way to connect them which a good exhaust shop would be able to do it. Another choice you have is to buy the headers and the off road Y pipe and modify it to work. The pacesetter Y pipe is designed to work with the 5.3 silverados whic the exhaust goes 2 into 1 and goes to a single inlet muffler where as the Silverado SS has a dual inlet muffler so if you wanted to use the paceseter Y pipe youd have to cut it where the 2 pipes merge and run dual piping. Another choice which is the way Im doing it is to have a shop make you a custom 3in Y pipe to connect to the pacesetters 3in collectors and then make it a custom 2 into 1 set up then run custom 3in exhaust piping to the muffler then run the exhaust out infront of the rear tire with the stock SS tip. So basically to sum it up you cant use the pacesetter Off road Y pipe the way it comes you would have to cut it and modify it to work or to save money cut off your stock cats and run the stock exhaust set up to the pacesetters, or do like im doing and have a shop make you a custom Y pipe which im having the guy do it all in stainless so it wont rot the pacesetter Y pipe is just steel so unless you paint it in high heat paint it will eventually rot its a little more expensive to do all stainless but I think its worth it. And also depending on how much money you want to spend there are some other companies out there that make headers and Y pipes that come in a kit that will work but they are expensive, if you want to look into that check out stainless works, american racing headers, and check on ebay for some OBX ones, on ebay search silverado ss headers and they should be there! Hope this helps! Also you will need to get a retune to turn off your rear O2 sensors or else your CEL will come on and cause por performance and por gas mileage and possibly cause damage to the truck, and also with a good tune youll get the full benifits of your headers and other mods!

• 2 weeks later...